23

✔️ edited

pimp

rowan

i wince in pain as joey pressed the wet towel onto my forehead. "that hurts stop." i grumble, pushing his arm away. he sighed and placed it back on.

"rowan, i need to get the blood of your face and be careful because you might have a concussion." he said as he starts wiping the blood off of my forehead.

"well yeah no shit, i got pistol whipped dude." i scoff. he let out a small chuckle. after a couple of minutes he finally got all the blood off my forehead. he handed me a pair of sweats and a shirt. i put them on and lay down on the bed.

"i'll be in the other room if you need me." he says as he got up from the bed. i quickly grab his arm and pull him down.

"cuddle me please, i don't wanna be alone tonight." i mumble. he nods and got under the sheets. he took his shirt off and laid down. i rest my head on his chest softly, his arm wrapped around me. we laid there in silence.

"do you think we could ever be normal again?" i asked, breaking the silence. i looked up at him and he looked back down at me. "like really try and build a relationship again? you know, for angelica."

he cleared his throat, running his fingers through his hair. "don't you hate me though?"

i chuckle. "i hate you for cheating." i mumble. he sighed.

"rowan, i know i've made mistakes, but that's in the past-"

"it was months ago." i interrupt him. i shook my head. "forget it, forget i even asked." i moved my head away from his chest and laid my head on the pillow, my back facing him.

i felt his arms wrap around me. joey buried his face in the crook of my neck and whispered into my ear. "i wanna be with you again, rowan." his voice sent shivers down my spine. i look over my shoulder and stare into his eyes.

i didn't say anything. instead i presses my lips against his, kissing him slowly. he kissed me back almost instantly. i positioned my body upwards and cupped his cheek, deepening the kiss. i crawled on top of him without pulling away from the kiss. he reached over to her to take my shirt off but a voice interrupted us.

"mommy, daddy i had a bad dream." i quickly got off of joey and looked over at angelic who was rubbing her eye, clutching onto her doll.

i sat up from the bed and watched joey pick up angelica. he puts her in between us and tucks her in and laid down next to her. she placed her head on his chest and sighed happily.

"um princess that's my spot." i chuckle nervously. she looked at me and shook her head, patting joeys chest.

"my spot now mommy." joey let's out a small laugh and nodded as he wrapped his arm around angelica.

"who am i suppose to cuddle now?" i fake pout, crossing my arms and looked at them. angelica just shrugged before closing her eyes. joey looked at me and shrugged.

"we'll continue this later." he mouthed, a smirk appearing on his face. i playfully roll my eyes and got up from the bed. since i couldn't sleep i decided to go get a glass of water. i slip on my slippers and head downstairs. i walk into the kitchen and see dev sitting there by himself.

"are you okay?" i asked, taking a cup out and pouring myself water. he looked rather frustrated and stressed. he looked at me before looking away.

"why do you care?" he mumbled.

i sighed. "just because you fucked up my marriage doesn't mean i haven't stopped caring about you." he looked at me, guilt washing over his face.

"row i-"

i shook my head, interrupting him. "don't apologize for something you meant to do." i took a sip of my water and looked at him.

"besides, it's your baby, not joey's" i shrug, standing up and walking over to the sink to wash my cup.

"hope your little girl doesn't turn out like shit like her father." i kept a straight face on, walking right past him.

i walk back inside my room and see joey and angelica sound asleep. joey had his arms tightly wrapped around angelica, his head was resting on the crook of her neck, his lips slightly parted, same with angelica. i get on the empty spot next to them and lay down, wrapping my arm around them both, falling asleep immediately.

joey

i flutter my eyes open slowly, i look over to my right and see angelica and rowan sleeping peacefully. i smile to myself, i missed being in the same room as them. i yawned and sat up quietly, trying not to wake them up. angelica's third birthday was coming up so i wanted to plan a surprise party for her.

obviously i need mommy's approval but she'll probably agree right?

-

"no." rowan says blankly, taking a sip of her coffee. i frown.

"why not? the girl loves surprises." i scoff. "when i took her to visit you in jail as a surprise she was pretty surprised." i nod. "let's just say she wants to go back."

rowan rolled her eyes. klaus poured her another cup of coffee. "klaus, tell her how much angelica loves surprises."

klaus looked at me and cleared his throat. "mr. birlem, no disrespect, but angelica cried when you surprised her with a pony on her second birthday."

rowan looked at me and crossed her arms with an attitude.

"pfft she wasn't scared... she was crying with joy." i shrugged and took a sip of my coffee.

"hey if you plan her a surprise party i wanna help." aaron spoke up with a mouthful of food. i rolled my eyes.

"you suck at keeping surprises." i shook my head.

"do not." he protested.

"daddy!" i heard angelica's voice. she skipped over to me with pamela.

"sorry mr. birlem, i was helping her get ready until she told me she wanted to come see you and we'll i couldn't say no to that face." pamela giggled. i picked up angelica and placed her on my lap.

"it's okay pamela, don't worry about it." i smile at her. she nods before walking away. klaus serves angelica a plate of eggs and bacon with pancakes. i pick the fork up to feed her, but she quickly takes it away.

"i can feed myself daddy, i'm a big girl!" she says excitedly. i chuckle and nod, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"yes you are princess." i smile. she giggled a bit and fed herself some eggs.

"so did you want princesses or dragons for angelica's party theme?" aaron interrupts. i shoot him an 'are you serious' look. he brought his arms up in defense.

"just trying to help." he mumbled.

after breakfast, rowan, aaron and i tried coming up with a plan for angelica's party. rowan gave in and agreed to a surprise party for her, but it's my funeral if angelica hates me for surprising her.

i pulled rowan aside. "can i ask you something?"

she looked at me and nods, setting the list of supplies down. i took her into another room. "are you tryna continue what we were doing last night? because-"

i shook my head. "no rowan, i just wanted to ask you if you would like to go to dinner with me tomorrow?" a smile slowly appears on her face.

"a dinner? why?" she tilted her head curiously. my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. i shrug nervously and look down at my feet.

"i wanna try to earn your trust again." i look back at her, staring into her light brown eyes. she giggled and nodded. she cupped my cheek and kissed me softly, i kissed her back immediately. we both pull away a moment later.

"give it your best shot birlem." she winked at me before walking out of the room. i smile and sunk my teeth down my lower lip.

i really wanted to impress her, she's the only girl i want and i want her to know that.