31

✔️ edited

pimp

rowan

i waited all day for a call from the doctors office and still, nothing. i was starting to get worried and frustrated. i even considered going down there myself to complain, but it was probably just me overreacting.

it was 6:30 in the afternoon, i was currently sitting down on the kitchen counter eating a bowl of ice cream. i looked down at my bowl and ate another scoop full. i heard someone sigh. i look up and see klaus standing there, setting down his chef knives bag down by the stove.

"rowan, if you're hungry you could've just waited for me to come over and cook." i swallow my ice cream and look at him before looking down at the bowl.

"sorry, cravings." i mumble, hopping off the counter. he lets out a small chuckle and nodded.

"i figured, my wife is pregnant with our third child right now and she's getting very moody and craving these weird things."

"well i'm not being moody!" i snap at him, crossing my arms frustratedly. he looked at me for a minute.

"of course not." he grabbed the bowl from the counter and puts it in the sink. "go get some rest and i'll call you once the food is ready."

i nod and make my way upstairs to my room. i get on my bed and lay down on my side, staring at the wall in front of me. i end up dozing off after a couple minutes later.

joey

i sigh and take my hoodie off. i walk inside my room and see rowan sleeping there peacefully. i smile and walk over to her, kissing her cheek softly before making my way into the bathroom. i decided to take a quick shower so i turn on the water and strip down. i get in and felt the hot water hit against my skin. i let out a soft sigh and grab the shampoo and shampoo my hair.

after spending about fifteen minutes in the shower i get out and wrap a towel around my waist. i make my way over to the closet and take out a pair of sweatpants and a white muscle tee. i walk out of the room quietly, trying not to wake rowan up.

i walk over to my office and take out a file and a bottle of hennessy that i had laying in one of my drawers. i open it up and take a huge sip from it, groaning a bit as it burned my throat as i swallowed.

i set the bottle down and open the file, taking the familiar picture out. "giovanni hernandez" i mutter and look down.

*flashback*

"liliana quiere que su hija regrese y no va a caer sin luchar por ella." i look at inclán and rolled my eyes at him, taking a long drag of my cigar.

"déjala pelear, no voy a dejar que se lleve a giovanni o uh a lilia" i clear my throat, forgetting that gio's new name is lilia.

"ella matara a todos los que amas, incluyendo a tu esposa. ¿realmente quieres eso? Perder a tu amante por una niña pequeña?" i stayed silent. his words got to me. do i really wanna risk everyone i love, including rowan over lilia?

"necesito decirle a rowan, la romperá." i swallow the lump in my throat. i stood up and threw the bottle of henessey in the burning chimney, the fire grows bigger as the glass hits the fire, but it dies down after a couple of seconds.

"o puedes ocultárselo a ella." i look at inclán confused. he nodded and sighed before standing up, walking closer to me.

"she's my granddaughter and i know this will break her, but it's the only way you can do this." i look at him for a moment.

"¿realmente quieres comenzar una guerra de pandillas?" i shook my head. "el padre de Giovanni fue asesinado y ahora Liliana está buscando venganza. ella no mostrará ningún remordimiento"

"how do we do this?"

a day later

i look down at lilia with teary eyes. "i never wanted to put you two in danger." she sniffed and looked down. i shook my head and bent down to her level.

"lilia you didn't bring us any danger, you made us very happy, just like you'll make your mother happy by going back to live with her." i take a glance at liliana. she rolled her eyes.

"giovanni, now." she said sternly. i stood up straight again. hugging her one last time.

"tell rowan i love her." she whispered before letting go. i nod

"you know i will." she smiled a bit before walking out of the house with liliana.

*flashback over*

to this day rowan still has no idea that i didn't fight for lilia. i even regret not fighting for her, but i also couldn't let a gang war happen over some little girl. i couldn't lose everyone that i care about. i practically handed lilia over like she was nothing and she probably hated me for that.

i hid all of that from her and came up with this crazy idea that lilia's mother missed her and felt lonely so she came back for her and they all lived happily every after.

except they didn't. lilia is missing again and this time i really am gonna fight for her. i'm not gonna stop looking for her. i already have santo helping me.

"joey?"

i grabbed the file and slid it inside my drawer quickly. i looked up and see rowan rubbing her eye. she yawned and walked up to me.

"what were you doing?"

i shook my head. "nothing, just some reading."

she looked at me suspiciously but nodded it off. "dinners ready." she says, walking out of the office.

"i'll be there in a bit." i mumble and look down at my drawer, huffing before making my way downstairs. everyone was already sitting there eating except for dev.

"where's dev?" i asked, taking a seat next to aaron. he shrugged.

"probably with baby mama." he says, shoving a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"what?" rowan spoke up. "oh right lisa."

i look at her confused, i heard the phone ring from the living room. i quickly stood up and head over there, picking up the phone.

"hello?" i spoke.

"hi is ms. salvador around?" ms. salvador? was she talking about rowan?

"she's busy right now, can i leave her a message?"

"yes, can you tell her that her pregnancy test came back positive and wish her a congratulations for me? thank you!" she hangs up. i widened my eyes and hang up the phone, standing there in shock.

rowans pregnant?