07

✔️ edited

pimp

joey

i told rowan and leo id be back in a bit. i got into the car and drove home quickly. i rush up to the front door and swing it open. "ernie?!" i called out, taking a look around before shutting the front door.

"in here mr. birlem!" he shouts through the living room. i rush over to the living room and stopped in my tracks when i saw someone i thought i wouldn't ever see again.

"no fucking wa-" i felt something heavy hit my face causing me to fall on the floor.

"i'm sorry son." was all i heard before blacking out.

rowan

"what's the first thing you're going to do when you're out of here?" i ask leo who was just cuddling roman. i found it cute, but third wheeling isn't fun.

"uhm.. probably fuck roman." he nods looking over at romans way. a smirk spreads across romans face making me gag.

"i wish i didn't ask." i mumble before i was interrupted by my phone ringing. i groaned and took it out, it was an unknown number.

"hello?" i spoke.

"hello rowan." i heard an unfamiliar voice say.

"who's this?"

"if you want your precious daughter and husband to make it out alive, you need to get here as soon as possible." i widened my eyes and hung up.

"who was it?" roman asked as he sat up. i shook my head.

"i don't know."

i quickly hopped in romans car he let me borrow and drove home quickly as possible. when i got there i saw two armed men standing. "who the fuck are you two?" i asked them angrily. one of them just looked at me with a blank expression while the other one spoke up.

"i'm carmen and this is ivan, your husbands inside. don't worry he's alive." ivan lets out a chuckle. "not for long."

i ignored them and rushed past them. i burst inside the house and quickly look for them. i heard muffled voices coming from the living so i quickly rush there.

"holy shit jen?" i stop in my tracks when i see joeys mother standing there with a gun in her hand, next to her was a masked guy who i'm guessing was arturo. in front of them was an unconscious joey sitting in a chair all tied up with tape on his mouth.

"if you even think about trying to rescue him right now then i'll shoot you both in the head." arturo threatened. i rolled my eyes.

"where's my daughter and giovanni?" i look over at them both.

"they're safe don't worry." he shook his head and started walking back and forth slowly. "but this is how it's going to work." i tilt my head curiously at him.

"you can either give us giovanni for your husbands freedom or, i can shoot you both in the head, take giovanni and your precious daughter." arturo smiled evilly.

"arturo come on, you don't have to do this." i shook my head. "what do you even want with giovanni? she's too young to be a sex worker!" i shout at him angrily.

he furrowed his eyebrows. "arturo?" was all he could say. he shook his head and looked down at me. "oh no, no, no, i'm not arturo." he lets out a small chuckle.

"it's me, mark."

i looked at him confused. "fuck are you talking about? roman shot mark when we were rescuing sophia and hector."

"that's funny because i'm pretty much alive." he stopped walking and stood in front of me. he took his mask off making me widen my eyes. it really was mark.

he brought his finger up to his lips and sighed. "your brother didn't shoot me, he shot the real arturo." he looked at me then back at joey who was slowly waking up. "joey man, i told you this. i figured you'd tell your own wife."

i look over at joey who just stared at me, his eyes were blood shot while his nose was bloody. "and i'm guessing amelia told you about how we're related too, but i'm sorry sis.. we're going to have to cut this family reunion short." i looked back at mark who was just fake pouting.

"why don't you just cut the shit mark and tell me the full story on how you're even alive right now." i cross my arms. "or else you won't get giovanni."

"rowan-"

"shut the fuck up joey." i scoff at him. of course he lied about mark being alive, he doesn't tell me anything, he never tells me shit.

mark laughs a bit and nods. he pulled up a chair and sat down in front of me. i do the same and sit in front of him. "well it started when we were in the warehouse, samuel never really liked arturo, mostly because he's the quiet and all shy one ugh." he rolled his eyes.

"we thought it was a great idea to replace me with arturo because well— he's useless, so the one who was about to shoot joey was actually arturo, but then your brother.. or well i guess our brother shot arturo. you came over once and for sure i thought you found out our secret, but i guess not and blah blah here we are." he smirked. "very sweet of you to visit my tombstone once in a while rowan, showed you care." he touched his heart and fake cried.

"anyways." he stood up from his chair and kicked it over to wall. "the girl, rowan." he said sternly before cocking and pointing his gun at joey. i stood up quickly, but he brought another gun up to my face.

i looked at joey then at mark. "i'll get her." i say before walking out of the room. i head upstairs and walk inside the guest room where giovanni was sleeping. i walk over to her side and tap her shoulder. she woke up seconds later and looked at me. "you need to come with me." she looked at me tiredly but nodded.

i took her hand and dragged her inside angelica's room. "i need you to watch her." i helped giovanni get on angelica's bed. "why?" she asked as i tucked her in. "trust me, it's for your own safety, don't get out unless i come get you out, got it?" she didn't say anything except nod.

i shut the door behind me quietly and made my way back downstairs. i tippy toe over to the safe box and pull out two guns before making my way back to them.

"so bad news.." i cock my guns and point them at mark and jen. "i lied." i pull the triggers and start firing bullets towards mark and jen's way. mark quickly duck down and jen jumped out of the way.

the room was filled with glass shattering and bullets being shot. mark rushes out of the room quickly leaving me, jen and joey inside. i stop shooting and point my gun at jen. "you have five seconds to surrender or i'll shoot you."

"rowan stop that's my mother!" joey shouts making put my gun down.

"your mother tried killing you and your daughter minutes ago, remember that." i say, throwing the gun into the coffee table before making my way out of the living room.

"rowan wait!" jen called out, making me stop. i turn around slowly and saw her put the gun on top of the chimney. "i'm not here to kill you, your daughter or my son."

"i just want to help you get rid of mark once and for all." i walk back to her slowly, without taking my eyes off i spoke up

"i want the real fucking story on how you're even here, much less alive."

she looked at me and sighed before looking over at joey.

"it all started on the night i went on a grocery run.."

i pulled up a chair next to joey and listened to jen's story.

"can you untie me?" joey groaned.

"no."