62

delia

"i'm sorry joey had to miss out on your party." i frown. angelica looked at me and shook her head as she brushed her hair.

"it's fine." she said softly. "it's my fault anyways, i shouldn't have slammed that door on his face and that's probably why he made up the whole business thing, so he wouldn't have to deal with me."

i pull her into a hug and shook my head. "no baby that's not it. i swear he was just going on a business run. i'm sure he'll explain it to you tomorrow."

she pulled away and sighed. "maybe." she mumbled. "what's he going to explain though? how he runs this huge drug cartel for my grandfather and is a pimp?"

i furrow my brows. "you know?"

she nods. "i usually overhear hunter and him talking in the office about business and picking up packages. that's why none of the boys are really around anymore, they're busy helping my father and hunter with their shipments all all that."

she sighed. "i'm just gonna go to sleep, i got school tomorrow anyways." i nod.

"goodnight." i smile at her and walk out of her room.

i make my way downstairs and head over to the living room. i see hunter sitting there watching tv. i decided to go join him since i wasn't really feeling tired or anything.

i take a seat next to him. he looked over at me and smiled.

"watcha watching?"  i rested my head on on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my neck.

"cooking shows." he looks down at me with a hug grin. i look up at him and giggle.

"cooking shows?" i say. he nods and looked back at the tv.

"me and my father used to watch them all the time." he cleared his throat. "we always had to watch cooking shows because we didn't know how to cook so we tried to follow what they were doing and well let's just say we failed." he laughed a bit.

i studied his facial expression a bit. you can tell how deep his dimples were every time he laughed or smiled. he had this small spark in his eyes that can probably light up a whole damn room. his cheeks were a tint of light pink which made it seem like he was blushing all the type. i've only been here for a little bit but i can already tell he can make the ladies go wild.

"like what you see?" he says interrupting my thoughts.

i look away from him and blush a bit.

"i wasn't staring at you." i say as i fidget with with my fingers nervously.

he laughed. "oh really? then what were you staring at?"

"pfft." i look around the room and point to the random picture hanging on the wall. "i was staring at that picture right there."

he looked over his shoulder and laughed before looking back at me. "you were staring at a picture of santiago when he was a baby?"

i nod. "yeah of course, he looks so cute in the picture."

"i know right." i turn my head and see santiago standing there with a huge grin on his face as he looked at his baby picture. "i'm probably the cutest one in the family." he winked at us.

"shouldn't you be going to sleep? you got school tomorrow kid." hunter scoffed.

santiago nods. "yeah, but i sleep late." he shrugged.

"bed, now." hunter says sternly.

santiago sighs and walked upstairs. i giggle and look at hunter. "you'd be a great dad someday hunter."

he smiled. "i hope so, i've always wanted to be a dad."

i smile and rub his shoulder. "and you will be soon."

"do you have any siblings?" he asked.

i stiffened up. i nod. "yeah one, well i used to but she.. she passed away."

his smile fades away. "shit delia i'm so sorry."

i shook my head. "it's no problem hunter, really. do you? have any siblings i mean?"

he nods. "a brother, a sister. my brother is in college trying to stay away from this whole gang thing while my sister is working at spain. she helps collect out shipments from there."

"sounds fun." i chuckle. "what are their names?"

"brandon and reina, both wonderful people. i love them very much except i don't get to see them as much as i used to." he shrugged. "i lived here from spain so i can help joey out more and well brandon goes to ucla."

"ucla is not that far." i sat up a bit and scoot closer to him.

he nods. "true, but like i said, he doesn't his best to keep his distance. violence was never really his thing." he chuckled. "he's so sensitive so every time anyone would yell at him he'd get upset very easily and it takes a lot to reassure him.

i giggle. "he sounds like a very sweet guy."

"oh he is!" he exclaims and sat up from his spot. "he's honestly the best brother anyone could ask for. he's very understanding and non-judgmental. he's very accepting too and-"

i interrupt him by smashing my lips against his. after a couple of seconds later i felt him kiss back. i cupped his cheeks as he pulled me closer to him. i don't know what came over me, but i just had to do it. there was something about him that made me wanna get to know him better.

we sat there making out with each other until the front door swung open making us both pull away. i look up and see joey standing there by the door looking at us both confused.

shit. fuck. i think he saw what we were doing.

he stared between me and hunter for a bit with an unfazed look on his face. he cleared his throat. "hunter, a word please."

joey walks past us and makes his way to his office. hunter and i both look at each other. i gulp.

"you think he saw?" he shrugged and stood up.

"i don't know, but i do love a scandal." he smirked, winking at me before following joey into his office. hunter slammed the door behind him.

i tippy toed my way over to his office and pressed my ear against the door trying to make out what they were saying. you think hunter told him about the kiss? no, he wouldn't have. he doesn't seem like the type to gossip anyways.

i couldn't really hear what they were saying. all i heard we're whisper shouts but i didn't know what it was about. they were talking in spanish and my spanish wasn't very good so i couldn't understand.

i was born and raised in spain, but i had to flee because of obvious reasons. i was embarrassed of speaking spanish here in america so i learned english and soon forgot about how to speak spanish.

i was interrupted by the door opening wide making me fall onto the floor. "ouch." i mumbled and look up.

i saw joey standing there with his brow raised.

i was definitely in big trouble now.