44

✔️ edit

pimp

rowan

after telling joey i'd be back i jog up the stairs and look around for my phone. i sigh in frustration when i couldn't find it.

"looking for this?" i heard a voice say. i turn around and see mauricio smirking and standing there holding my phone.

i was about to scream but he quickly covered my mouth with a towel he had. i tried getting out of his grip but it was no use. after about a couple of seconds i started feeling sleepy before blacking out.

~

i slowly flutter my eyes open, groaning as i raised my head up slowly. i look around and see i was surrounded by darkness. i tried getting up but my hands and legs were tied down to the chair. "mauricio!" i shout angrily. "what did you do to me?!"

i heard footsteps approach me. i look over the direction where the footsteps could be heard. seconds later mauricio pops out with his hands behind his back and a smirk plastered on his face.

"rowan, we meet again." i roll my eyes at him.

he squats down to my level and studied my face. "¿como has estado amor?"
(how you been love)

i spit on his face and look at him angrily. he scoffs and wipes the spit off his face. he stands up and points his gun at me, pointing it at my forehead.

"don't fucking make me shoot you."

"why not?" i look up at him. "you already killed my best friend. you took the life of the one person i trusted the most in my life."

"i do agree what i did was probably one of the most horrible decisions i've made." he shook his head and squats down in front of me again. "even i regret killing my only brother." he looked down and frowned before looking back at me. "but some things are meant to be done."

he stood up again and paced back and forth in front of me. "but let's just say that i have a deal for you."

i scoff at him and look away. "i'm in no position to make any deals with you asshole."

he stops and looks at me. "what if that deal means you get to save joey and the rest of your family? including your two precious kids."

i looked back at him. "what do you mean?"

"i'll tell you all the details if you agree." he shrugged.

"what do you say? feel like making a deal with the devil?" he smirked.

joey

"come on dude, you've been driving for two hours and all you've done is drive in circles." i shout at roman.

he rolled his eyes. "you wanna fucking drive with your fucked up leg? then have at it."

i rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"you guys, what if she just went out to a strip club?" mark spoke up. "i would've been tired of joeys dick too all these years."

"fuck off mark." i mumble.

"i can't, she's my sister. i have to look out for her, i have no other choice." he says.

"are you sure it was okay to leave sophia with the kids?" roman asked. i nod.

"hunter and aaron are with her, plus i have at least five guards around the house. trust me she'll be safe." he nods.

"i just hope she's okay." i look down. "i can't lose her right now."

"you think it was mauricio?" he questioned.

"it could've been." i look over at him. "he might drove by the hospital and shot me in the leg but he fled pretty quickly after that. plus he wouldn't have known we came to vegas unless-" i stop mid sentence.

"do you think hector told him?"

"no way, joey." roman says as he took a right turn. "my father is anything but a snitch. he wouldn't do us like that."

i scoff. "oh really? he didn't pass his business down to you because he thought you were too soft for it! he chose his business over his family and basically left you and rowan to deal with his dirty work the second you two turned eighteen. i swear to god roman, if hector talked then i'm putting a damn bullet in his head. he's the reason why rowan probably got kidnapped by mauri-"

"enough!" mark shouts making me shut up. "there's a warehouse close by here and if you two are done going at each other's throat then please drive over there roman!" mark demands. "and drive faster for fucks sake!"

i leaned my head against the window and shut my eyes. please let me be wrong. please tell me it wasn't mauricio who snuck in the house and kidnapped rowan. please tell me she's gonna be okay.

rowan

"so what do you say?" he asked. "you all in or what? because if you aren't then you can just say goodbye to joey, your brothers and kids and everyone you love." he shrugged.

"don't i end up losing them either way?" i flicker my eyes over at him.

"well yeah, but they don't end up all dead if you agree to this deal." he pulled up a chair in front of me and sat down. "i'll tell you what, i'll give you five minutes to decide and if you don't decide then, then i'll just kill you and everyone else you love."

he smiled at me. "everyone loses, but me. i always win."

"don't bother giving me those spare five minutes, mauricio." i held my tied hands up and exhale deeply. swallowing the huge lump in my throat and holding back my tears. "i'm in."

"that's what i figured you'd say rowan!" he laughs loudly and got up from his seat and kicked the chair away.

he walked up to me and took a pocket knife out of his pocket and cut the rope off. i sighed in relief. "you gotta let me do one thing though."

"what's that?" he asked.

"at least let me write a letter." i look at him with teary eyes. "joey needs to know why i did this."

he nods and points his knife at me. "you know what? i will let you write a letter." he nods. "only because you asked so nicely too."

i rolled my eyes at him. he cuts the ropes off my legs and stood up again. he turns around and starts walking away but i quickly stop him. "wait!" i shout. he stops in his tracks and turns around slowly.

"you need to disappear out of their lives too." i tell him. "if i'm gonna do this then you have to leave and leave them alone for good!"

mauricio raised his hands up in defense. "pinky promise." he winked at me before turning around and walking away again.

i sat there in my chair and sighed. i tangled my fingers in my hair and start sobbing quietly. i was starting to regret my decision, but i knew i had to do it.

i knew i would risk my life for joey and that's exactly what i'm gonna do.