68

delia

"i don't think she likes me." i sit down next to hunter and sigh.

he looks at me. "why would you think that? she probably loves you now that she knows you slept with joey." he smirked.

i grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. "i'm serious hunter!"

i groan. "she's just like angelica when i met her and i don't know how to impress her or be her friend."

he shrugged. "just be nice to her and don't fuck joey again."

i rolled my eyes. "i'm serious hunter."

"wait." i looked over at him. "did you ever date her?"

he stayed silent.

"great." i mumble. "now she's got more reasons to hate me."

hunter sat up. "look, just don't get in the way of her and joey, alright? she just came back and she's not gonna let anyone get in the way between them."

i nod. "but it's joey, nothing special about him."

he chuckled. "well you don't know this but, rowan spend her whole life hating joey to hide the fact she's been in love with him while joey spent his whole life chasing after her, they're pretty inseparable."

"if they're inseparable then how did u get to date her?" i looked at him curiously.

he was about to answer but was interrupted by rowan. "easy." i looked at her. "he came in between us." she raised her brows at hunter making him laugh.

"she cheated on him with me." joey smirked.

"and after that?"

"don't worry about it." rowan shot a fake smile at me. "the point is we're together again." she kissed joeys cheek making joey blush.

"she's probably gonna go after dev once she's done with hunter too." rowan whiserped to joey making him chuckle. she must've thought i wouldn't be able to hear her.

for some reason i felt jealous, jealous of rowan. she's been nice to everyone but me and i had no idea how to impress her and show her i don't want joey.

"so, did you guys go upstairs to go make baby number three?" hunter smirked.

rowan and joey both looked at each other and laughed. "no actually we went upstairs so i can swallow baby number three."

"i wish i didn't hear that." hunter gagged.

next day

rowan

i woke up to the sound of joey snoring lightly. i fluttered my eyes open and looked at him sleeping peacefully. he had his mouth slightly opened and his chains hanged around his neck messily.

i brushed my fingertips against his neck where he had a rose tattoo that looked exactly like the one i have on my thigh. i trailed my thumb over to his lips, brushing it against it softly before pulling it away.

"stop staring at me you creep." he mumbled. i giggled and admired him. his eyes were still closer but it was obvious he was fully awake.

"i wasn't staring i was just admiring you."

he chuckled and opened his eyes. "i missed waking up to you by my side."

i blushed lightly. "so did i."

he sat up from the bed. "let's go eat, i smell bacon." i giggle and nod before hopping off the bed. i walk downstairs with joey and head to the kitchen where everyone was at.

"miss rowan when we heard you were back we decided to create a special breakfast for you and your family, well mostly for you." i giggle and nod as i hug klaus.

"i missed you klaus." i rub his back a bit then pull away. i take a seat in the middle of joey and angelica.

angelica passes me the sugar for my coffee and smiles. "so mom now that you're back i was thinking you'd wanna come with me and help me choose my graduation dress? you know for my middle school promotion."

i grin and nod. "i'd be happy to help you angelica." i kiss her cheek then go back to eating.

the whole time we ate all we did was talk and catch up on what's happened in the last ten years. the only people missing were sophia and mark, but they were at spain dealing with business however they will be catching a flight here as soon as they can.

i of course left out a couple of things i've been up to the past ten years. there's some things they didn't need to know, especially joey.

klaus wanted to make a special dinner later too so we wouldn't have to go out which i was good with. i've been locked in a house for ten years and i don't think i'm really ready to explore the world again. i haven't been the same since i was gone. i feel like a different person and not like new and improved. more like always scared and frightened.

after breakfast i sat outside the balcony staring at the view in front of me. it was sunny but the clouds would come out occasionally and block the sun. i was wrapped around in my blanket until i heard footsteps approach me.

i look over and see santiago pull up a chair next to me. i look at him and smile. we sat there staring at the view in silence.

"listen santi.." i spoke up, breaking the silence. "i know we're not that close and i know you're probably still in shock about me being back and all, but i really wanna get to know you better." i look at him. "i'm hoping we can hang sometime and just have a mother and son bond."

he nods and smiled at me. "id love that rowan, or well um mom." he corrects himself.

i chuckle and nod.

"can i tell you something?"

"of course you can santi."

"i'm bisexual."

i looked at him shocked. "wait really?"

he nods. "i know you're probably gonna say i'm too young especially since i'm ten, but it's not like i chose to be bi you know?"

i nod. "of course santi and i just want you to know that i accept and love you no matter what you are. you're still my son and nothings gonna change that."

he smiled. "thank you mom."

"you know what we need right now?" i sat up from my seat.

he looked at me curiously.

"ice cream."

he widened his eyes and nodded. "i'll get it!" he got up from his seat and rushed inside the house. i giggle and watch him.

i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. i take it out and see an unread message from dom. i look around before opening his message.

dom:
been thinking about you.

i didn't reply to his message. i just left him on read and sat there chewing on my nail nervously, waiting for santiago to come back with the ice cream.