69

dom is played by stephen james and you will be seeing more of him later on

six years ago

rowan

"okay, i know you've been lonely these past few years with me so i decided to invite some friends over." i looked at melanie confused. she handed me a glass of wine and sat down next to me.

"melanie i can't risk being outed to. you know what mauricio said, i stay hidden until ten years have passed. no way i'm risking it all for some company."

she rolled her eyes. "it's just a couple of friends and besides you won't be risking anything. use a fake name like alejandra or something."

i sigh and eventually gave in. i guess being around more people who aren't melanie will help me feel more lonely, but who i really needed was joey right now. god i missed him so much and doing this killed me.

"wait, if i agree to this will you do me a favor?"

she nodded. "sure what's that favor?"

"seeing joey." i bite my lip nervously. "please, i just need a glimpse of him. if mauricio ever finds out then i take full responsibility, but i really need to see joey again, please."

she stayed silent. she closed her eyes and nodded. "fine, but after you get to know my friends." she stood up from her seat and walked over to the door when the doorbell ringer. i nod and stood up once her friends came inside.

three girls and two guys popped out. one that caught my eye was a very tatted guy. he reminded me a lot like joey, maybe because of the tattoos or something, who knows.

i walked up to all of them and greeted them. "i'm alejandra." i smiled at them.

the tatted guy shot me a smile. "i'm domingo, but please, call me dom." he brought my hand up to his lips and placed a kiss on top of it.

"i'm julio." the other guy does the same and kisses my hand. i hug the three girls.

"i'm stephanie." the blonde tatted one says.

"daniella." another girl says.

"anastasia." the other girl shook my hand and smiled. she was my favorite. she had more respect and was kinder than the other two girls.

for the past hour i've been sitting at the couch by myself drinking a glass of wine. melanie was busy talking to everyone while i was here being antisocial. if i'm being honest i wasn't sure on what to talk about with them. i felt left out. i haven't talked to anyone else but melanie the past years. it scared me.

"why so lonely princess?" i look up and see dom standing there with a glass of wine in his hands. i shrug.

"guess i don't really know you guys like that." i chuckle nervously.

he took a seat next to me. "really?"

i nod. "well i'd love to get to know you better."

i blush lightly and look down at my glass with a smile.

"so she does smile." he lifts my chin up with his finger making me stare into his eyes. "beautiful." he mumbled.

present

dom was a good guy, or well he acted like one. he was pretty charming at first and definitely a good looking guy but it was all an act. all he really was was a terrible person who made me feel like shit.

he made me live in fear and the thought of him ever reaching out to me terrified me. by now i'm guessing he knows i wasn't at melanie's anymore which means he could be out there looking for me. the only reason why i don't ever wanna leave this house is because of him.

we used to have a small thing while i was staying at melanie's. at first it started off like something you'd see in the movies. he knew just what to say to make your heart melt. until i saw the real side of him.

he was abusive and manipulative. he always got what he wanted and when he didn't well let's just say it wasn't pretty. i still have bruises from him. part of the reason i didn't fuck joey was so he wouldn't have to see them because if he did then he'd flip so bad.

i didn't ever wanna mention it to him, but i was going to have to sooner or later. i was just too scared to. scared of what he was gonna do or say. seeing him made me forget about dom for a good minute until he texted me. now i think i'm even more scared.

i jumped a bit when i heard my phone vibrate against my thigh. i picked it up and saw another mess from dom.

dom:
you can't hide forever.

my phone vibrated again.

dom:
i'll find you no matter what, amor.

i felt tears form in my eyes. i was started to get crazy messages from him here and there.

"mom, are you okay?" i jump and shot up from my seat. i turn around and see santiago standing there with his brows furrowed and ice cream in his hands.

i sighed in relief and nod. i wipe my tears away and shoot a fake smile at him. "tears of joy, santi."

he looked at me suspiciously. he shrugged it off and hands me my ice cream. we both take a seat and stare out at the view again. i took a bite out of my ice cream nervously.

santiago and i chatted about school and how he was doing. he told me that he was in the top of his class and how his teachers are proud of him for being so strong about my passing, even if i'm not dead anymore.

"what about you mom?" i look at him. "was it easy being all by yourself?" he took a bite of his ice cream.

i look away from him and shrug. "i was lonely." i play around with my ice cream. "scared." i mumble.

"why scared?" he asked. he must've heard me mumble it.

"because i was afraid of something bad happening to you guys." i look at him with glossy eyes. "i was scared i would never return to you guys or get to ever see you." i whispered.

he frowned. he stood up and set his bowl down on the small table next to us. he walked up to me and embraces me in a hug. "well now we're here, together."

i smile and nod. "together." i pulled away.

he sat back down and ate his ice cream. i sat there and ate silently. i couldn't get dom out of my head. what if he finds me? what's he gonna do? fuck i've never been more terrified in my life.

i heard my phone start to ring.  i set my bowl down and pick it up. i almost dropped it on the ground when i saw dom's name pop up on my screen.

why was he calling? can't he take the damn hint.

i gulp and decline his call.

"who was it?" santi asked.

i look over at him and shook my head. "no one."

i set my phone down and ate my ice cream silently.