71

joey

"do you know dom?" she shook her head.

"never heard of him in my life." she gulped.

i was gonna say something else but she rushed out of the room pretty quickly. i looked at her confused. she's been acting weird since she came back. she's not the same rowan i know before all of this happened.

"joey." i turn around and see delia standing there. "i probably shouldn't be telling you this but-" she stopped when hunter came in the room. he looked at us suspiciously.

"everything okay here?" delia nods.

"all good." i smile at him.

he nods and walks away.

i looked back at delia. "what were you gonna tell me?"

"if uh.. you wanna go to the jewelry story to check out a ring for rowan tomorrow."

i nod. "yeah, we can go tomorrow after my business meeting with domingo."

she smiles and nods. "sounds like a plan."

angelica

i walk around the house looking for my mom. i walk into her and dads bedroom and find her sitting down in the middle of the bed hugging her legs.

"are you okay mom?" i walked up to her. she looked up and nodded.

"yeah i'm just thinking." she mumbled.

i took a seat next to her. "wanna talk about it?"

she shook her head. "i just wanna be alone right now princess." i nod and got up. i kissed her forehead before walking out of her room.

i head over to santiago's room and see him playing video games with theo. theo ends up dying in the game so he starts yelling at santiago for not backing him up.

santiago and theo start shouting at each other for a good five minutes. eventually santiago gets annoyed and starts attacking him.

"boys stop!" i grab santiago's arm and held him back.

"what the hell is going on with you two?" i shout at them. "it's just a fricking video game!"

theo rolled his eyes. "bet you thought my feelings were a game too when you decided to go after the girl i liked!" he shouts making santiago scoff.

"not my fault people don't like you!"

"fuck you!" theo shouts before storming out of the room.

i let go of santiago. "what the hell is wrong with you?" i scoff. "you guys are suppose to be like brothers and get along with each other."

"it's hard to get along with someone who ruins everything!" he shouts and walks into his bathroom, slamming the door shut.

i sigh and walk back into my room.

boys are so stupid i swear.

rowan

i couldn't sleep all night. i stayed up until five in the morning which was the time joey had woken up. hunter had called him to do some early morning business runs which sounded odd but i was too tired to care.

i stayed in bed the whole time while joey was out with hunter. finally he came back around 12 am to have his business meeting with domingo. i was scared a shit ton if i'm being honest. i was terrified of seeing domingo again.

i wonder what joey would have thought if i told him what he's done to me for the past years. would he still met up with him if he did? who knows. all i know for sure is that i was gonna try to avoid domingo today. if he sees me them i'm fucked.

joey

it was 12 am. i was in my office waiting for domingo to arrive. he should be getting here any minute now. finally i heard a knock come from the door.

"mr. birlem, you have a guest waiting for you in the living room. shall i send him in?" ernie pops his head at the door.

i nod. "yes, please send him in, thank you ernie."

he nods and walks back out again. a minute later domingo walks inside my office. i stood up and shook his hand. "pleasure to meet you domingo, i'm joey."

he smiled and shook my hand. "please is all mine, but please call me dom. after all we're gonna be great friends." he grinned.

i chuckle and sit back down at my desk. he sits down across from me.

"so what did you wanna come and see me for?" i asked him.

"have you thought about expanding your business?" he asked. "like i know you get some shipments form sent in from spain, but how about argentina, puerto rico, peru and even venezuela? the more places you get your stuff sent in from the more money you get." he smirked.

i thought about it for a moment. he did have a good point. "also, i got a couple of more girls i could bring in for you to help you. i know ruiz made you the new pimp right before he passed."

i nod. "i'll think about it, but i don't see why not." i stood up from my seat and so did he. "hunter is my business partner and i will have to consult with him about it but i don't see why not."

he nods and shook my hand once more. "let me know mr. birlem." i walk with him out of the office. i see rowan walking down the stairs slowly.

her face drops when she sees domingo.

rowan

domingo's smile fades away and it was replaced with a smirk. fuck, what the hell do i do?

"rowan, baby. this is domingo. the guy i told you about. domingo this is my beautiful girlfriend that just came back from the dead." joey chuckled.

"did she now?" dom eyed me up and down. "pleasure to meet you.. princesa."

"wish i could say the same." i mumbled.

"would you like a water bottle before you leave dom?" joey asked him.

dom looked away from me and nods at his question. "i'd love one, thank you."

joey smiles and makes his way into the kitchen. i waited for him to leave before walking up to dom. "what the fuck are you doing here?" i asked him angrily.

"i didn't know your actual name was rowan, alejandra." he smirked. "but i guess you really are full of surprises aren't you princesa?"

i rolled my eyes. "just leave me alone domingo. i'm with joey and he makes me happy. you treated me like shit."

his smirk fades away. "my intention was to never hurt you-"

"but you did it anyways!" i cut him off. "now leave before i tell him what you've done to me."

he chuckled and walked closer to me. "you tell him about what i did to you then i'll tell about what we've done for the past years and how we left things off before you disappeared." he whispered into my ear. "two can play this game."

"here's your water domingo." joey walks over to us and hands him a bottle. dom pulls away and smiled as he took it.

"thank you." he looked between both of us. "have a blessed night and it was lovely meeting you rowan." he winked at me before walking out of the house.

"what was that about?" joey asked.

i shrug. "no idea."