41

✔️ edited

pimp

joey

"you see joey, we just met but i already get some sort of vibe with you." mauricio paced back and forth in front of me. i looked at him concernedly and crossed my arms.

"what type of vibe?" i question.

he stops and looks at me. "almost like i can't trust you." he looked at me in disgust before continuing to pace back and forth. i looked over at hector who was tied up in a chair with his mouth covered in tape. "almost like i shouldn't have even helped you escape."

i rolled my eyes. "but you did." i chuckle nervously and look over at the bomb hector and had set up earlier today. it had exactly five minutes left which means if i don't get out of here quickly then i'd explode into pieces with him and hector and i really wanted to live to see my kids grow up.

"i did it for my granddaughter." he sighed and shook his head. "i couldn't imagine her raising her kids without a dad. i mean, my mother raised me and inclán by herself while my father fucked anything that walked his way." he laughs. "i killed him though."

i shook my head at him. "you're disgusting."

he shrugged. "i'm sure you would've done the same if you found your father cheating on your mother."

"my father left when i was a kid. i couldn't give two fucks about him." i tell him. "look mauricio this chat has been wonderful, but i should get goi-"

he stood up from his seat and points his gun at me. "sit down. now." he demands. i raise my hands up in defense and take a seat next to hector. i gulp and look again to see there was three minutes left.

"you're not leaving until i get the boy back." i shot my head over at him.

"no way, he's my fucking brother. what do you even want from him? you can find another kid to kidnap and do your dirty work." i scoff at him.

"you're right i can." he took a seat in his chair again "i could go ahead and take your daughter with me, kill your girl and take your son too, but i won't."

he looked over at hector then back at me before standing up again. "i'll make you a deal. you can either hand over your brother and i'll leave, or i can kill you, hector and everyone else you love and take your brother back. choice is yours birlem."

i stayed silent and stood up. i pulled out my gun and sighed looking down at it. "well, i guess there is only one decision to make." i look up at him then at hector then back at him again. i cock my gun and start firing at him, but he quickly dodges the bullets. i kept shooting at him until he hid behind the boxes in the warehouse. i quickly make my way over to hector and untie him before taking another glance at the bomb.

"six seconds let's go, now!" i shout at him and run with him outside. we run as far as we can and duck down as a loud explosion comes from the warehouse. we sat behind the car and pant heavily.

"i was for sure you were gonna kill me." he says. i shook my head.

"no way, i'm gonna let-" i stop mid sentence and look at hector.

"where the hell is inclán?" he looked at me and shook his head.

"i thought he was with you!" i shook my head and groan loudly, punching the hood of the car as i stood up.

"looking for him?" i look over at mauricio and saw he made it out alive. he had inclán in a headlock with a gun pointed at his temple. "now you really signed your family's death certificate, birlem."

"mauricio, just let him go! this is between me and you!" i shout angrily. he looked at me and shook his head, clicking his tongue repeatedly.

"now it's between me, you and your family." he cocks his gun and shoots inclán in the head, dropping his body on the floor. he looked down at his lifeless body. "nothing personal, brother."

"dad, no!" hector shouts before rushing over to him. i widen my eyes as his body dropped to the floor.

"let's see who gets to the hospital first." mauricio smirks before running over to his car. i watch him furiously and start shooting at him, but it was too late. he had already gotten in and sped off.

i rush over to hector holding inclán in his lap. hector stared down at him with teary eyes. "you need to get to the hospital joey." he looked up at me. "now! before he gets to rowan or your kids."

i nod and run back to my car. "and joey!" i stop and look back at him. "make sure you fucking kill him this time." i nod and get in my car, driving off immediately.

i take out my phone and dial romans number. "pick up, pick up!" i shout impatiently. he ends up picking up seconds later.

"roman!" i exclaim.

"joey? what's wrong?"

i sigh deeply. "you need to get everyone out of that hospital now! get rowan and my kids somewhere safe including yourself and everyone else."

"what why?" he asked

i shook my head and ran past a red light, almost crashing into a car. "it's mauricio, he killed inclán and now he's coming after everyone else. just do it now!"

"and make sure you keep my brother safe! mauricio isn't gonna get his hands on him or anyone else."

"you got it joey." he says before hanging up. i sigh in relief and throw my phone on the passenger seat.

rowan

i looked over at roman concerned. he hang up the phone and sighed, looking disappointed and sad. i furrow my brows. "brother, what's wrong?" i ask him.

he looked over at me then at everyone else. "inclán's dead." i drop my fork on the floor and looked at him shocked.

i walk up to him. "what do you mean he's dead?"

"mauricio killed him."

i could tell he wanted to cry but he didn't. i wanted to cry too. my grandfather is dead and i don't know how to take it. my father was probably there with him. god this must've killed him.

"oh my god you guys i'm so sorry." sophia frowned.

roman shook his head. "but we need to leave, now. joey said mauricio is on his way over and we need to get out of here before he does. i'll call ernie and tell him to drive the car where no one will see us leave. mark, hunter i'm gonna need backup while the girls and kids get to a safe place."

i shook my head. "no way roman. i'm not letting you or anyone stay back and die too!" i shout at him.

he sighed. "i'm sorry, rowan. it's not up for discussion."

"leo." he looked over at leo. leo nodded slowly and picked up theo and took angelica's hand he walked up to roman and pecked his lips.

"please stay safe. i love you." he tells him. roman nods and kissed him back.

"i will, i love you too" leo nods before making his way out of the room with the kids.

sophia grabbed everything and handed me a pair of clothes to get into. i get dressed quickly before looking over at the guys.

"if you guys die-"

"we won't." hunter interrupts. "we got this."

mark nods. "but right now you need to get going. your kids need you." i nod and hug them all before heading over to the door with sophia and santiago in my arms.

the door quickly flies open making us stop in our tracks.