"His name is Spooky. Those two are Scary and blade." Hades said as he pointed to the other two skeleton horses. Next to the third stall was an empty stall with nothing but a hay bale, water trough, and horse riding equipment.

I burst into laughter at the name of his horses. Hades sure knows how to name his creatures. First Spots now Spooky, Scary, Blade and-

My face scrunched in confusion as I counted the horses, there was only 7.

"You're missing a horse," I said pointing to the vacant stall. Hades did say he had 8 horses.

"No, Casper just likes to play invisible," Hades said as he walked to the stall and unlatched the door. "Casper come."

First, nothing happened, then the door to the stall creaked open and hoof prints appeared on the ground. The prints continued all the way to me where they stopped and I felt air blow on my face as if something was breathing right in front of me.

My eyes widened and I felt my breathing quicken as I stared at whatever stood in front of me.

This isn't weird. (Note my sarcasm)

I can handle the skeleton workers, the skeleton horses, three-headed dogs, and the creepy-looking horses with bright glowing red eyes but when it comes to things I can't see I draw the line.

I took a step back nearly tripping over myself. I'm pretty sure I could outrun whatever stood in front of me.

I may not be the fittest of people but I can run if my life depends on it.

"It's okay he won't bite," Hades reassured me as he came closer, running his hand along with something.

Hades gently grabbed my hand and pressed it against something soft and hairy. It felt like a horse and I realized as it appeared in front of me it was a horse.

A horse with wings!

"A Pegasus! I yelled excitedly. A smile grew on my face and all traces of fear went away as I pet the gray-colored Pegasus. His wings were a dark gray color and his hair was black. He had white-colored eyes that were a little creepy but not as creepy as red eyes of the demon horses.

"A ghost Pegasus." Hades corrected.

I formed an apple and held it out to eat for him to eat. He shouldn't have troubles like the skeleton horse.

Poor skeleton horse.

Casper the friendly ghost Pegasus, sniffed the apple before taking it out of my hand and graciously eating it. His rough tongue scrapped across my hand leaving behind saliva.

"Ew." I frowned and turned towards Hades whose eyes were wide.

Hades began shaking his head and holding his hands up in surrender. "No-no-no. There's a sink over there!"

I rose an eyebrow at him and grinned. I charged forward and took Hades by surprise. We both fell to the floor with me on top of hades. Caught in the heat of the moment I swiped my hand on Hade's chest leaving behind a trial of Pegasus saliva on his black turtle neck.

It wasn't until I stopped laughing that I realized how close Hades and I were. I was straddling his waist and I could feel his heart beating beneath my hand.

It was beating rather quickly and strongly as Hades gazed up at me. It looked like his bronze eyes were alive and on fire. Being this close to Hades I began to realize the different features on his face. Like how he had light freckles on his face that weren't noticeable if you were standing next to him or how he had a barely noticeable stubble growing in along his jaw and chin. Red catchfly's and red carnations bloomed all around us.

Youthful love and admiration.

My eyes tracked down to his lips that look impossibly soft and inviting.

So inviting.

I didn't realize I was leaning forward with my eyes closed and lips perched until a voice interrupted us.

"Um hello, random girl? Who are you and why are you on my man?"

Damnit.

3/2/202083/1

3/2/2020
83/1