Chapter 5: Operation: Rainforest

Location: S.A.T.O Infinity (Captain Lasky's Office)

Carter, Gideon, Nathan, Jun, Mitchell, Brooks, Kashima, and John all arrived in Hangar when Cortana told them that they have a briefing in Captain Lasky's office. When they got there everyone is present including the two A.I's Roland and Cortana.

"What took you guys so long?" Cortana asked the group as they went around the table.

"Well we have to drop off the ladies to the institute before we leave." Kashima told Cortana as they are now ready for the briefing.

"Alright everybody present?" Lasky asked as everyone nodded.

"Alright lets get to it Cortana, Roland will you show it to us." Lasky ordered the two A.I'S as the hologram showed the location of there mission. "We have detected two Terrorist Organizations excavating something deep in the Amazon jungle." Lasky zoomed in as what it looks like a rendezvous point.

"What are we dealing with sir?" Jorge inquired stroking his chin.

"Unclear, from our satellite images we can't be sure what there gonna be digging down there. We only know that there drilling cause they got bulldozers and power drills entering the mine's. Your mission is to investigate what HYDRA and A.I.M is trying to excavate inside the mine's report back and destroy anything you find we can't have anyone get access to whatever is down there. Clear!!"

"YES SIR" everyone said in unison

"Before you guys go we made some minor upgrades in your armor pleasd follow us and see for yourself" Roland said as they all exited the room and went inside the armory where they saw some huragok and sentinel adding some sort of power core for there suits.

"While you were gone we added some new things in to your suit and armor." First one is we added a built in FTL drive in your suit." Roland said as the team all widen there eyes in shock.

"Wait, wait, hold on, hold on!!" Emile said waving his hands. "Did you said a built in FTL drive?"

"Why yes when S.A.T.O was first commissioned Cortana and I started working on new things. One of them is a armor with a built in FTL drive. We use the same power core from SDF technology and store them in your suits." Roland showed to the group as a soldier in the field teleported from top floor to the first floor in a blink of an eye. "The FTL jump has only a range of 100 meters max and has a 10 second recharge before you can use it again."

"We also added a wrist mounted energy sword" Cortana said as she showed to them an energy sword that popped out the wrist of the soldier and sliced a metal sheet in half clean. "We called this the 'Ripper' its a similar design to a covenant energy sword only S.A.T.O issued. We will also inject with nanites in your body so no telepath can read your mind. It will also boost your strength, speed, and reflexes to there limits. We also added new shielding in the Infinity and Strident-Class Frigates so all telepath will be blocked." Cortana said proudly as they all went to there armor and suits and began inspecting it.

"Nice works on the upgrade you two." Omar said as he wears his uniform.

"Yeah good work you two." Kelly said as everyone in the team either said 'yeah', 'good work, and 'thanks'.

Location: Infinity Hangar Bay 7

Everyone entered the hangar all fully suited for the mission they are only using one raven for this mission. They all entered and are now doing there final gear check. Once all that is done they all strapped in. Nick Reyes and Nora Salter are in the cockpit piloting and are now getting ready for launch.

"Lieutenant Salter, go green"

"Boosters In 3, 2, 1" said Salter as the raven now launched and now exiting the hangar.