Chapter 34: Highway Battle part 2

Location: Washington DC, United States
Time: 1300 Hours
Date: 12/06/2013

Half an hour has passed since the interrogation and the three men were now inside of Castle's Toyota car heading to infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ in Washington using Sitwell as their leverage to gain access and destroy Project: Insight once and for all.

"Might wanna hurry up. S.H.I.E.L.D. is launching Project: Insight in less than 16 hours." Derek said from the back.

"Well, no need to worry we got the bastard here as a leverage." Frank said motioning the frightened Jackson Sitwell behind him.

"Good. Once we get there we'll use him to bypass the Helicarrier and access it directly."

"What!? That's a terrible, terrible idea."

The group inside went silent as they heard a loud thud coming from above the vehicle. A metallic arm bust the window open and tossed Sitwell out of the car.

"AHHHH!"

From above Derek moved out of his seat at it shoots him from above. He moved in the front and pushed Roger away missing a bullet in his head same for Castle as he pushed him as well. Steve shifted the car to park as it came to a full stop and launch the person above forward.

The person revealed to be none other than the Winter Soldier as he slowly stood up with his bionic arm letting go of the road. Derek grabbed his pistol and was about to shoot when a black hummer slammed right to them.

Castle took control of the car shifting it back and driving forward loosing the vehicle as he maneuvered around the traffic to avoid being chase down. Thing's didn't go so well as the Winter Soldier jumped back to their car and tear the steering wheel off.

"Shit!?" Castle cursed as the vehicle starts to sway and with no steering wheel he didn't have any control of the vehicle.

"Hold on." Steve said as they hold on to him and Roger's bust open the door and they got out of the car as it rolled down the highway road. Steve planted his foot down on the road to slow down their acceleration. Once stopped Derek and Castle took position and draw out their pistol.

However, as they were looking for their targets the Winter Soldier found them first revealing himself armed with a grenade launcher.

"Shit!" Castle cursed as he and Derek got down as the Winter Soldier fired one round towards Steve.

Cap has his shield up for defense, but it didn't stop as it launched him down the street below the highway. The company men beside the mechanical super-soldier all got out of their vehicles and started firing at the two.

Derek flanked them and puts the first guy on a arm lock before executing 2 more guys. He did a knee strike on the guy's head before shooting him twice in the body and once in the head. This gave Frank the opportunity as they were all drawn to Derek. He charged forward killing 2 men before pulling out his knife and stabbing one on the chest. Castle quickly backed away as a knife swing right at his face, he performed a wrist lock which puts the man on the ground before kicking him on the neck which crushed his throat.

"Derek, you good?" He asked taking cover from the hails of bullet.

"Yeah." He said briefly swiftly taking out three guys to the head. "The Winter Soldier and several more men are after Steve." Derek said.

Just as he was about to flank and execute the enemies in the highway. A redhead woman tackled Sam and they both fell off the highway.

"Derek!?" He shouted but got back to cover as more gun men emerged from the sides blocking his direction towards the Sentinel agent. As more and more gunfire erupts someone ordered them to stop. The gunfire eventually stopped allowing Frank to see them rappelled down. Castle is about to open fire when an old enemy returned and shot through the window of a car which caused him to take cover.

"What the hell?" He muttered looking back to see none other than Barracuda armed with a M9 and a Spas-12 behind his back.

"It's been a long time ey, Castle?" He asked tossing a grenade to the car. "We've got some unfinished business, brother."

Frank saw the grenade under the car. "Shit?!" He quickly jumped out and the car exploded.

Down below Derek by luck landed inside of an open garbage truck, he quickly got out of the vehicle and swatted away the trash covering his body. He spotted multiple men heading towards Steve as he regained conscious from the 40mm launcher.

Derek draws his pistol and switched to shock charge. He fired one round which electrocuted 4 enemies all together. As he stood up the woman from earlier returned and hits him with a flying knee strike sending him back towards the garbage truck. He looked at his attacker and can clearly identify who it is the red hair is the giveaway.

He quickly got into a hand-to-hand fight with Natasha as she launched serious kicks and punches straight at Derek who was on the defensive parrying and countering her moves. One thing he noticed about Natasha was that she was quiet not saying a word nor grunting in pain when he strucked her on the stomach.

Derek launched a three hit combo doing a low roundhouse kick before following up with a right hook and a left hook kick. Natasha took out a knife and quickly launched and slashed towards him. He avoided each swings of Natasha's slashes, he blocked another two slashes before quickly parrying the attack and executed a knee strike to the chest follow with an elbow strike to the back. Derek parried with the slash followed with the next using his armored gauntlets. Faster than the woman could anticipate he performed a wrist lock which caused her let go of the sword as Derek quickly executed a sidekick to the side which sends her flying.

As the fight continues for some time Natasha was forced to retreat as Punisher fired a warning shot and with no weapon to fire back, Black Widow retreated.

"You okay?" Castle asked.

Derek look back to see Natasha now gone. "I'm fine. Let's get Steve."

The two eventually find Cap and the Winter Soldier on a stalemate which ended when Castle fired a 40mm launcher to a nearby truck and exploded this gave the mechanical Super-soldier to retreat and vanish.

The trio didn't have time to escape as they were quickly surrounded by S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and all their weapons were pointed towards them. "Shit." Castle muttered as they quickly drop to the ground.