Chapter 36: The End Of The Line

They entered as they went deep underground. She led to another section as she opened the door and allowed them to enter and to their shock and surprise there was medical table in front of them and lying down on the bed was no other than Nick Fury.

The former S.H.I.E.L.D. director opened his eyes and looked at the group. "Well it's about time."

"Fury, tough son of a bitch, you really can survive anything." Castle said.

Location: Unknown
Time: 1600 Hours
Date: 12/06/2013

"This man declined the Noble Peace Prize." Fury said holding a picture of Alexander Pierce. "He said 'Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility.'" He said quoting his old friend. "See, stuff like this. Is what gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch, Fury." Castle said crossing his arms.

"Well, I don't think the council's is going to accept my call anyway." Fury said opening a briefcase revealing three digital components which looked like keys.

"What's that?" Derek asked.

"Once the helicarrier reached 3,000 feet. They triangulate the Insight satellite becoming fully weaponized." Hill briefed them showing the digital simulation of the Insight helicarrier.

"We need to reached to carriers and replaced their targeting blades with one of our own." Nick instructed.

"One or two won't cut it, we need to link a three carriers for this to work. Because if one those ships is still operational. Lot of people are going to die."

"We can only assume the only people boarded those ships is HYDRA. If we get these into the servo blades maybe, just maybe we can salvage..."

"We're not salvaging anything." Steve cuts of Fury. "We're not just taking down the carrier were taking down S.H.I.E.L.Ds."

"S.H.I.E.L.D. have nothing to do with..."

"You gave us this mission, Fury." Derek butted in. "S.H.I.E.L.Ds been compromised. HYDRA grew under your nose and nobody knows it."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave?" Fury said leaning forward looking at the two soldiers. "I noticed."

"And how many paid the price before you did?" Steve countered.

Fury looked at the others knowing that Steve was right, he just couldn't find the right word to say. "Look. I don't know about Barnes."

"Then what about Natasha." Derek responded. "I know all to well that she was an undercover assignment with you, but from our last encounter things just got personal."

Fury sighed he might as well tell the truth. "Natasha is working as an undercover agent from me. I've sent her to investigate Stryker and his Lieutenants last shipment. Unfortunately, after 2 weeks of undercover she went dark, she never reported to me ever since. We could've geuss that her cover was blown and she was subdued."

"Reports indicate that they were getting weapons from an unknown dealer and I have to find out what it is."

"Turns out the dealer is S.H.I.E.L.Ds." Castle said. "How else did you think they've supplied them all along."

"S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA it all goes."

"Their right, sir." Fury looked at Hill as she nodded at the three soldiers.

"Well... looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." Fury said leaning back to his chair and giving Steve the permission to take command of the Operation.