Chapter 23: Training & Sleepover

I am a soldier. I've served my country for twenty years. But if I'm captured or killed, I know that nobody will come to rescue me. I won't even get a funeral. Because the nation I protect can never admit that I exist. So my death would go unremarked, my bones would go unclaimed. I don't know if that day will come... but I do know that it must not be today. I am invisible. I am relentless. I am Sam Fisher. I am... a Splinter Cell.

            Sam Fisher

Location: New York
Time: 1200 Hours
Date: 09/29/2013

Down in the ridge were Mitchell and Carter doing various combat drills that involves shooting on the move and course of fire. Unknown to the two soldiers is that the Angels were on the top watching them. For now it's Carter's turn to shoot.

"Shooter ready?" Mitchell asked as Carter nodded. "Standby." The timer beeped and Carter draws his pistol.

BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG

Carter took out all three metal targets as fast as he can, moving to the next set of targets, he took cover behind a broken van and took out 5 targets at 50m away. The shells hitting the metal plate with a clang.

Moving next he stood stationary in the next spot and took out 4 steel plated targets with his pistol.

BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG

Clearing his weapon Carter reloaded his pistol before switching it to safety and holstering it back to his hip. "How's the time.

Mitchell looked at his OPSAT and replied. "7.62 seconds." He said showing the time to Carter. "Not bad."

"You think you can do better?"

"Let's find out." Mitchell said taking positions. He rubbed his hands in his shirt to make sure his hand's are dry. Checking his weapon he pulled out the magazine before placing it back in and holstering it.

"Shooter ready?" Carter asked and Mitchell nodded. "Standby." The timer beeped and Mitchell draws his pistol.

BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG

Mitchell already took out 3 of the targets in a swift move thanks to his advanced weapons training in the Sentinel Program. He moved to the next set of targets and took cover behind the van and shot down 5 targets 50m away. The bullet hitting the steel plate with a clang.

Moving next he stood stationary in the next spot and took out 4 steel plated targets with his pistol.

BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG, BANG CLANG

Clearing his weapon Mitchell reloaded his pistol and switched the fire selector to safety. "How's that?"

Carter looked at his wrist computer and replied. "6.01 seconds."

"Woooh!" Mitchell cheered in victory as he beated Carter once again. "That's what I'm talking about."

Up above the ridge Betsy smirked and looked at Emma smugly. "Now we know who's the better shooter."

Emma looked back at her with a competitive face. "Really, then why not let's go down there and see who's the better shooter?" She said to her as Betsy looked back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa ladies." Behati said getting both the girls attention. "I am  many things, but I'm not a heathen. Let's take this down the ridge."

"Yeah, let's take this down by the ridge." Emma agreed.

"Alright, let's go." Betsy said as they all went down the ridge to do a shooting competition.

Down the ridge both Mitchell and Carter were loading and cleaning their weapons. The girls surprised the two when Emma came and accidentally spook Carter while loading his weapon, causing him to drop the bullets.

"Emma, don't do that next time." He said picking up the stray of bullets on the ground. He looked past her and saw the rest of the Angels. "What are you girls doing here?"

"We're here to do a shooting competition." Emma answered.

"A shooting competition?" Mitchell asked loading his weapon. He then looked at the Angels. "You girls know about this?"

They looked at each other before Elsa spoke. "Actually it was their plan from the start."

Mitchell and Carter looked at each other, not sure if they're serious of them doing a shooting competition. Carter turned and asked his girlfriend. "Alright, then who's shooting?"

"Just Emma and I." Betsy replied.

"Just you two?" Mitchell asked a bit surprised, but also know what might the purpose of this in the first place. Both telepaths nodded and Mitchell and Carter took the challenge. "Okay then wait here."

Both men went back up the ridge to restock their weapons and ammo. Getting their both opened their trunk and moved a few bags and opened a small compartment which contains their weapons and ammunition. Carter grabbed a spare of pistols for the ladies to choose, and same for Mitchell.

"Why do you think they want to do this?" Mitchell asked.

"From Emma's reaction, I'm saying that she wants to have a 'competition' with Betsy." Carter answered loading several magazines. "And I good reason why." He said with a smirk.

"Why?"

Carter showed the timer which showed their own personal record, and it clicked in Mitchell's head. "They're settling score just like us."

"And I'm bettin she'll take this." Carter said with a smirk closing the trunk.

"Alright." Mitchell said grabbing a war belt and closing the trunk. "I'll bet $10 if Betsy wins."

"$20 if Emma wins."

Mitchell nodded and shook Carter's hands. "Deal."

They closed the trunk of the vehicle, and both came down at the ridge for the shooting competition which would happened right now.

Location: New York
Time: 1330 Hours
Date: 09/29/2013

Back in the car all of them have come back to the road and heading to Adriana's house for the sleepover. Inside of Carter's car he had a wicked smile on his face, and the Angels inside were all talking among each other using the cars communication link. Mitchell in the other hand had an angry look on his face while the Angels inside were talking.

During the shooting competition couple of hours ago Emma had won, and Mitchell paid Carter $20. Betsy in the other hand instead of being salty and angry congratulated Emma for her skill.

As they were driving for the next 20 minutes, they've finally arrived at the house. "Just turn and enter the gate." Adriana said as Carter made a right turn.

"Good Afternoon. What can I do for you?" A female person behind the speaker spoke out.

"Sari, it's okay their are driver's. You can open the gate." Adriana said as the gate opened allowing them to drive through and enter. Once Carter and Mitchell enter, they got a better look of the house.

It was a big marvel mansion probably the size a little smaller than their own, but nonetheless it is majestic and beautiful house as it has lot of lights which compliments the paintings of the house

"Here we are." Adriana said as the girls and the rest of exited the car and got their luggage.