Chapter 18: Hindsight

Location: Xavier's Institute
Time: 1200 Hours
Date: 09/28/2013

After their breakfast, the two soldiers decided to walk around the Institute. Right now the two are outside of the classrooms as they watch some of the Scott Summers teach the younger mutants inside his classroom, the subject his teaching in his class is Mathematics.

"This kinda reminds me of home a little." Mitchell said as they walk in the hallways not disturbing the class.

"You mean your military boarding school?"

"Yeah." They stopped near the gym as they saw Jorge train his class in Physical Education. "The war already began and the government wanted more troops in the frontline."

"Same," Carter replied watching the class as they were playing basketball. "The Covenant just keeps pushing us back."

They turned around the corner to see a classroom door open, they looked inside to see Emma and Betsy teaching photography with many of the students editing and taking shots with the camera.

"Well, well, it looks like their gonna be busy." Mitchell joked as Carter elbowed him as they saw the two telepaths looked at them and smiled before continuing to the class.

"Let's go. Don't wanna interrupt." Carter said with a smirk as they left. "Wanna go to the weight room?"

"Yeah, forgot to do our morning exercise."

They went to the first floor of the institute near the living room and turned left, Carter pressed a button as the weight room opened revealing various weight machines and a boxing ring in the middle.

Carter grabbed two 100 pound dumbell as he started doing a biceps curl. He's going 20 reps and 4 sets. He went to an open area of the weight room and started his exercise.

Mitchell is on the opposite side of the room doing lex extension's as he set his to 300 pounds. After setting it he starts his workout with 15 reps and 4 sets.

The two continued their own sets of exercise for the next 30 minutes before Carter entered the boxing ring with Mitchell from the other side, both of them sweating from the exercise they both did.

"You ready?" Mitchell asked wrapping

"Yeah." Carter replied getting to fighting stance.

Carter was the first to jump the ring as he landed on the other side, while Mitchell landed on the other. They got ready into their stance which is Krav Maga with both hands up.

Mitchell did the first move and swing his left arm for a punch, but Carter counters with his own and grabs it putting him in an armlock. With Mitchell's other arm he knocked him off as Carter stumbled back.

Mitchell pushed kick but was grabbed and thrown into the ground. Carter tries to punch him, but Mitchell used his legs and kicked him.

Changing to offensive, Carter charged at him launching punches and kicks from his friend who blocked and dodged all of it until he was hit in the head knocking him a little bit. Seeing the opportunity he charged with a right hook but was countered putting him in an armlock. He elbowed him but was block once again. Mitchell elbowed him back in the neck as he stumbled forward and went to the offensive.

He charges with punches and kicks to the Spartan, but was either blocked or countered, he landed a hit on his chest when he pushed kicked him. He proceeds on doing a spinning hook kick that hit the Spartan in the face before doing a roundhouse kick in his chest. Carter bends in pain, but he quickly countered the roundhouse kick when he grabbed his right leg and punched him in the gut.