Chapter 13: Developing Storm

Location: Avengers Mansion
Time: 1200 Hours

Carol was alone in the gym, striking a punching bag made to withstand her hits. She had been in there for the past few days. There were some bags under her eyes that showed she was exhausted but Ms. Marvel chose to fight on nonetheless.

Strike after strike, Carol relentlessly assaulted the reinforced bag, her strength increasing after every hit until...

POW

She punched the bag clean off of its hinges. Carol gasped, out of breath. That was number 27. The blond heroine went over to pick up another one, when the one she was about to grab had a yellow boot standing over it. Carol looked up to see one of her closest friends Jessica Drew A.K.A Spider-woman looking down at her with a concerned scowl.

"Jess?"

"I think you've had enough Carol." Jessica said with some strain in her voice "You've been locked up in here for almost a week and the team is really starting to worry about you."

"There is nothing to worry about Jessica" Carol retorted, snatching the bag from underneath her friend's foot, making Jessica stumble to regain her footing. Jessica glared at Carol's back as she hung the bag in place, proceeding to punch and kick the bag.

"Carol, I know what's troubling you" Jessica placed her hands on her hips "Ever since Nathan was taken by Loki you've been seriously distant."

"Then you know why I'm upset." Carol replied evenly, though her voice was on edge.

"Carol" Jess placed a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder, making Carol halt her attacks on the bag. "I know what he means to you." Jessica said "You have been more open with us, and I can see you smiling more often now. After entering a relationship with him you seem more beautiful than ever."

Carol lowered her arms and relaxed but was trembling a bit now. "I know your past relationships haven't been the best." Jessica said now wrapping her arm on her friend's shoulder.

Carol then started to tear up, sucking in a breath "It's just this is the first time where I felt so happy." Carol held herself, shaking, with tears dripping from her face. Jessica embraced her friend, holding her close, trying what she can to comfort her friend.

"Just let it out." Jess said in a soothing tone.

"I don't want to lose someone like him this time." Carol sobbed. "He listens to me, he's patient with me. He's lost so much, much more than I ever did and I just want to help him."

"We will Carol" Jessica assured "We will. After all, his entire Spartan team is working frantically to get him. And you've seen how relentless they can be."

Carol thought back to the insane suicide missions the Spartans showed in their memories. They never quit even when harboring life-threatening wounds. The Spartans of the past may have passed on too soon but each accomplished their objective even in death.

"Alright" Carol shaking herself out of her tears. She put on her strong unyielding face as usual.

"That's the Carol I know" Jessica said with a triumphant smile.

Location: Xaviers Institute
Time: 1450 Hours

Emma was alone in her room fiddling around with one of the many new dresses she had bought with Carter. This one in particular, however, was something Carter personally brought for her right under her nose. He explained something compelled him to do so, saying something along the lines of 'it bought out her natural beauty'.