Chapter 41: Marvel Zombies (Side Story)

Location: Earth, Sol System
Time: 0930 Hours
Date: 05/23/2013

Earth. Birthplace of the human race. A species that evolved from being the most primitive to a technologically advance world of science with the minds of Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and so many more. Now at the year 2013 of the 21st-Century the planet is silent. Cars either destroyed or abandoned by its owners. Buildings and skyscrapers that once covered the city are now destroyed in ruins. And most of all there was NO people. The streets are just empty and there were no signs of life.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Sounds of footsteps can be heard by the Spartan known as Master Chief as he and several members of Sentinel Team and Noble One are making their way to an extraction point by Nick Reyes.

"Hrarghh!" A zombie Elektra jumped out and tries to bite the Spartan but Chief is fast enough to caught her and rip her head off.

"We gotta get outta here!" Cormack whispered.

"C'mon!"

"We gotta get outta here!"

"Let's move! Let's move!" Mitchell whispered as they got out and runs towards the alley way.

"Chief, take point." Cormack ordered.

Chief take point with the Sentinels behind him. The stealth team was able to keep pace with John thanks to they're Overdrive armor abilities. Not a second later the sound of a zombies shriek can be heard prompting them to run faster. Zombie Quicksilver was the first to catch up, but unfortunately the team has orbital laser field around them and as soon as he crossed the line he was chopped to pieces.

The zombie Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four spotted the Mercenaries below them. "Avengers! It's feasting time!" Zombie Colonel America shouted.

The zombies all roared together as they charged at the soldiers below.

Carter tossed a cluster grenade and the grenade splits into 5 small bombs and detonated. The zombies that have invulnerability powers were the first to recover and run towards them but they found that they could keep up at they're speeds as they were running near 50mph.

On the crowd a zombie Emma Frost in diamond form was still running and chasing her alive Husband. "Carter, darling. Please come back to me."

Noble One tried his best to ignore his wife's word as he still remembered the time he was told that his wife becomes infected and literally killed their daughter out of hunger. Carter slowed down a little and as Emma was catching up he shoulder tackle her which sends her crashing towards Luke Cage and Wolverine they're arms pinned down under her diamond skin.

Carter activated his thrusters and soon catches up with the others. "We can't run forever with them on our tail." Carter said looking back seeing as Steve and the other flying Heroes were able to catch up.

"Hey, Mitchell you still have that experimental blood grenade?" Cormack asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Use it."

Mitchell nodded and grabbed the grenade. Pressing the button he tossed the Grenade and exploded covering the entire street with Red rain. The Zombie superheroes all stopped in they're tracks. The smell of fresh blood caught they're noses as they went crazy and started drinking the blood from the grenade Mitchell tossed.

"It worked." Carter commented. "Let's go."

The teams got out and finally and headed to the extraction point. The Paladin dropship deactivated it's cloak as they jumped up to the ramp and finally head straight to Space where the zombies couldn't reach them.