Chapter 55

[ Mina ]
I quickly tracked her phone and called 119. "Hello, my name is Mina Myoui I'm afraid my girlfriend is hurt. She isn't responding to my calls after she made a weird phone call to me. I have tracked her phone and I'm on my way there" I explained while I got dressed. "Okay Mina, what's the address?" the phone operator asked, I gave it and he told me that he would send a ambulance.

I ran down to the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I ran outside, she should be a few streets away. While I ran I tried to call her but she still wasn't picking up. Then suddenly I saw something at the other end of the street I just came onto. I ran as fast as I could. It was Chaeyoung. She laid on the street, covered in blood, her bike laid a little away from her. I sat down beside her trying to find out if she was breathing. She was but barely. I tried to figure out where she was bleeding from, it was her leg. Her bone was sticking out from her leg. I quickly tied my belt around the top of her leg. As I did it I could feel her move a little in pain. I feel a little relieved as I see that she wearing the helmet I told her to wear. I feel my breathing becoming quicker but then someone puts their hand on my shoulder, I turn around it's the ambulance. They get her ready and puts her into the ambulance. "Do you wanna go with her? Were you the one who called?" the lady asks, I nod and go inside.

My tears won't stop, I hate seeing her hurt. Then my mom suddenly calls.
I pick up "hi sweetie, where are you? I was just up getting some water when I noticed the light in your room" she asked but I still cried "why are you crying sweetie? Where are you? I have looked everywhere in the house" she said.
"Mom come to the hospital...it's Chaeyoung, she's hurt" I answered "okay I will come as fast as I can honey. Are you outside?" I knew what that question meant, I know this just changed my whole life, in many ways. "Yes I am" I replied and hung up.
We arrived at the hospital and they quickly got her inside. I followed but then they suddenly stopped me. "You can't go further in miss, she's gonna have a surgery and we will do everything we can" the doctor explained and pointed at a waiting area. I went over there to sit down. I looked at my hands, they were covered in blood. I couldn't look away from them. They reminded me of what happened a long time ago. "Mina?" I heard and looked up, it was Momo. Sana and my mom was there too. "What happened?" asked Sana "I don't know" I answered and they hugged me as I cried. "Come let's get you cleaned up" Sana said after a little time, my mom and Momo sat down. Momo cried too.
Sana took me to the bathroom, she had to drag me almost.

"Don't worry Mina! unnie will clean your hands for you" she smiled to me
"See it's coming off, I told you it would" she tried hard to get it off me.
"Don't cry Mina, unnie is here. I will protect you" she quickly tried to wipe my tears. "See all clean now" she said and dried my hands with a towel.
She hugged me and kissed my kind "unnie loves you so much Mina".
She held my hand and walked out from the bathroom with me.

We sat down beside Momo and mom. She kept holding my hand, like she was afraid that if she let go then I would disappear. "I won't disappear this time" I whispered to her, I think she understood because she loosed her grab a little.
We waited for what felt like forever until the doctor came out to us.
"She's okay" we cheered and hugged "well her leg was in a critical condition but we managed to repair it and she will walk again, she will need some training though. She also broke and hurt several of her ribs on her right side so she punctured her right lung. We fixed it but she will need a lot of rest because of that. Luckily she was wearing a helmet, she still has a concussion but the helmet saved her from what happened. Also were you the one who stopped the blood flow to her leg?" the doctor asked at last. I nodded yes.

"That's what saved her life if you haven't done that then she would have died from blood lost best he ambulance even arrived. You did good" the doctor said, Momo and Sana both hugged me. "Can we see her?" mom asked the doctor "of course, let me show you to her room" we followed the doctor. "Oh and one last thing, the police want to hear her statement" the doctor said as we reached a door "what? Why" mom asked "from what we can tell about her injuries it doesn't look like a normal cycling accident" the doctor said. My mom told us to go inside while she talked with him some more. I look down.

I have never had shoes this shiny on before but they are all black.
I look at my shoes as I walk around. "Mina" I hear and look up.
"Mina it's time, it's time to say goodbye" mom said, she was unhappy.
I think she's crying and have been for a long time. A hand take mine, it's Sana unnie. "Unnie why is mom sad?" I ask confused "because it's time for us to say goodbye to papa" she said and tried to smile. "But he's coming back right? He was just sleeping, I couldn't wake him because he was really sleepy" I smiled. "Let's say goodbye before he leaves" Sana said and we walked through the door.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside. She was lying on the bed, sleeping.
She had wires all over her arms. I carefully walked closer, my unnies following me. I sat down on a chair beside her bed. I carefully placed her left hand between mine. It looked a little cut but still normal. Her face looked pretty swollen. I sat there for a long time, almost being afraid that if I go she would disappear. "Mina?" I turn my head, it's Momo. "You should get some rest, maybe eat something" she said and came closer "I'm fine right here" I answered and looked at Chaeng. "I know but she will wake up and when she does, do you really think she won't feel sad about you not eating or sleeping because of her?" she said and laid her hand on my shoulder. "You're right, I will be back soon so don't get too comforted" I kissed her hand and started walking out but at the door I heard a Momo say something.

"Hey...it's me. I told Mina to leave so she could take care of herself, you want that too right? I love you, you're my best friend" she cried "okay enough of this. Mina is waiting on you so when she comes back you better wake up. Yeah you actually did it, she left the house because of you. I didn't think she ever would if I'm being honest.
Dads death still hurts her, it still hurts all of us but you don't know any of this.
I don't think she have told you yet because she was there when-" I knew what she was about to say so I left.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I hope Mina (irl) is gonna be okay... I feel like it's different that it's not just a injury but something else, maybe something worse. I just hope she comes back, Twice isn't the same when someone is missing TT