Chapter 48

[ Chaeyoung ]
I left the living room and went into the kitchen. When I saw someone I didn't expect to see. "Oh hi darling, do you wanna help?" my mom asked pulling me out from my thoughts. "Sure" I answered. "Good then you can help Nara" my mom smiled and went back to talking with ms Kang. I walked over to Nara by the sink. "We just have to wash the vegetables" Nara pointed to the pile. I took a chill and started wash but I couldn't help but look at Nara from time to time.
She's three years older than me, she has black short hair that stops half way on her neck. It shines in the light like diamonds. Her eyes are almost black. Her skin is fair but she has pinkish cheeks. A beautiful smile that can light a room up. She always has some weird stories to tell or a joke, or both.
Yep...she was my first crush. But also my first straight crush. "I think it's washed enough now Chaechae" she giggled. I looked at my hands and the chill, I must have washed it for five minutes already. "Oh yeah, sorry unnie" I took another one. "So how have you been doing? Good?" she asked "yeah really good" I said, thinking about Mina "Amazingly actually" I added.
"Oh how so?" she asked with a smirk "just stuff" I answered looking over my shoulder to check if my mom wasn't listening. "Okay I understand, I will ask later if we get to be alone" she smiled "bu-but how are you doing unnie?" I asked. "Fine, it goes well with school and I still have my friends. I just don't see you much anymore. We should hang out more again" she answered.
"Yeah, sounds nice" what am I doing to myself? You could have said that it would probably be hard to find time but that you would try. I sighed and got back to washing.

A little while later were we all sitting around the table. The parents were mostly talking, us kids only said something when they asked us stuff which was fine by me until it suddenly became about me. "She hasn't really been home for the last months. When she does she gets home late, forgets dinner times, takes clothes and then goes again. We have tried talking with her but she doesn't say a word. She didn't even come home when her brother had a break from his service. We were hoping that Nara and her could get close again so she would be home more" my mom said. It made me feel a little bad but I couldn't tell them that I was dating someone. Especially because it's a girl and I'm gay.
"Oh my, well I'm sure Nara wants to spend time with her" ms Kang responded.
Nam-il giggled quietly to himself but my dad heard "what's funny Nam-il?" he asked curiously. "I just think it's funny. It's so obvious that she's dating someone" he said and ate some food. The table went silent. "Well she knows she can't date until she's an adult" my dad answered. I sat there trying to think of something to say, to defend myself. Just something. "Is it true? Are you dating someone Chaeyoung?" my mom asked as everyone was looking at me for an answer. "No of course not" I said before standing up "is this bother Chaeyoung hour?" I was angry. Not so much at Nam-il but more at myself.
"No darling but-" was all I as I headed to my room.
I laid in my bed thinking about it all. I know I should tell my parents about me but I'm scared. They won't even let me date until I'm 20! Argh I hate all this.

There was a knock on my door. As I was about to yell something the person said "it's me....Nara". I walked over and opened my door for her and locked it after she came in. She sat down on my bed and I sat down beside her.
"So" she said "so?" I questioned. "So what stuff makes you happy?" she smiled. She asked in a different way, not like them. They were confused and would have been angry. I know she wouldn't be. "When I'm with my girlfriend" I answered, she seemed a little confused. "My Girlfriend" I said again and she understood "oh so that's why you haven't been home" she said.
"Yeah it's easier to sleep at her house since I'm driving with Sana and Momo to school" I explained. "Wait the Momo and Sana you were friends with from what, kindergarten? she asked "yeah their still my best friends. My girlfriend Mina is actually their little sister. She's my age" I told her. "What really?" she was surprised. "I'm so glad on your behalf" she hugged me. "There just a problem. My parents don't know I'm gay and I don't know how I can tell them or if I ever can" I explained. "It's true that your parents are old fashioned...but...well maybe give them a chance or at least think about" she said. We talked some more about some random things before she had to go home.

I walked out to my parents "sorry for leaving, I shouldn't have left like that" I bowed. My dad gestured me to sit down at the table. "Are you dating someone?" my mom asked "well I have been on what you would maybe call a few dates. But it's nothing serious" those words hurt my heart but what else could I say. "I, I mean we have already talked with you about. We don't want you to date until you're an adult" my dad said folding his arms.
"Do you think the same mom?" I asked her "of course she does!" my dad almost yelled. "So you didn't date or have a girlfriend until you were 20!" I said harshly to my dad. He didn't say nothing. "The times were different" he tried to say. I stood up from the chair "you're just treating me differently because I'm a girl! Oppa didn't have to wait, he could even bring his girlfriends home for dinner" I yell angry. I was done with his bullshit and empty words.
As I was walking away he grabbed my wrist, I turned around facing him.
"Oh and one last thing. I'm gay! I'm a lesbian! I fucking love girls" I said in his face, right before he slapped me.