"I'm not playing witchu', you almost hit my sister!" Chris confronts him.

Maya ran over to the both of them, pushing her brother back. "Chris, I'm okay," she tells him.

"Yeah Chris," the white boy says condescendingly, "she's okay." He reaches into his pocket for another cigarette when Chris smacks it out of his hand again, this time he finally managed to illicit a violent response from the guy. "Do that shit again, I️ dare you!" He attacks, lunging forward to grab him by the collar. Maya squeals and ducks out of the way as now both her brother and him harshly shove each other and are now starting to swing.

"Chris!" She yelled, tugging him by his shirt. But it was no use.

Everyone started gathering around them, cheering on and instigating the fight. And she had no doubt they would've beaten each other to a pulp if it wasn't for Principal Bennett's intervention. "Move out the way!" He shouts as she shoved students aside along with a resource officer at his side. "Nicholas Brewer!" Principal Bennett yelled, catching the other boy's attention. "Fighting? Again?" He asked. His eyes then zeroed in on Chris and Maya. "All of you in my office, NOW!" He ordered.

Chris and Maya sat side by side, while Nicholas, as she heard the principal call him, sat as far away from them as possible. Maya sat with her legs and arms crossed, catching Nicholas' attention a bit. She noticed him watching her, and to piss her off even more, he winked at her, making her gasp. Chris looked over to see him give them both a teasing smirk, enraging him further. "Yo, are you kidding me?!" He stood up again, Nicholas stand right up alongside him, ready to fight as well.

"Sit. Down." Principal Bennett said as soon as he stepped into the office. Both boys begrudgingly sat down, glaring at each other. "Now Nicholas-"

"Nick," he corrected.

"Nicholas this is the fifth time this year you've been caught fighting on school grounds," he stated.

Nick defiantly rolled his eyes. "I️ didn't even touch him. Trust me, you'd know if I️ did," he muttered. "So what are you gonna do? Give me detention again?" He scoffed.

"Afternoon detention today, and as of tomorrow, you're suspended for three days," the Principal hashed out.

Instead of being upset, Nick simply jumped up to his feet with a smile. "Sweet! I️ get three days off," he said. "Can I️ go now?" He asked.

"No. Sit," Principal Bennett ordered. "I'm also gonna call your parents and inform them of your behavior."

That's when all the color drained from his face.

"No, wait-"

"As for you two," Principal Bennett turned to face Chris and Maya now, "since you're new, I'll give you both afternoon detention as well," he issued.

Both of the siblings were not happy to hear that, at all. "

"What?!" Maya exclaimed in disbelief.

"Why? He's the one that literally almost hit my sister with his car!" Chris raised his voice.

Principal Bennett frowned at them both. "First of all, I️ don't like your tone. Second, because you need to learn that not everything can be solved with violence."

"So what am I️ going into detention for?" Maya asked.

"Instigation," he shrugged, making her jaw drop. "I️ shall be calling your parents to inform them of your actions and punishment as well," he told them. "You three are dismissed."

Maya grabbed her bag and scoffed as she quickly made her way out of the door. Chris and Nick could kill each other for all she cared, since caring before got her detention.

Detention!

She was a good student that never did anything wrong, yet her first day at her new school she almost gets run over and then gets thrown in detention over not one, but two idiots' actions.

Maya tries to get through the rest her school day as uneventfully as possible, but as soon as she sat in her first class, all attention was on her.

"Oh my god, you're new right?" One girl asked.

"What was it like almost being ran over by Nick Brewer?" Another once chimed in.

"If it was me, I️ would've said thank you!" Said another.

"He's got such a nice ass." One girl dreamily complimented.

Maya simply got up and moved across the room, towards the back, near the windows. She dropped her bag right on top of the desk and plopped down into her chair, putting her head down.

Geez, how popular was this guy? Although she figured he was less popular, more notorious. But whatever, cause she doesn't care about him or his fast car and cool hair and-

Maya quickly sat up, startled as the bell signaling a classroom change woke her up from her nap. She didn't realize she took a nap. She groggily gets up and grabs her bag, heading over to her next class. With the exception of her female classmates pestering her with questions about her close and unpleasant encounters with Nick Brewer, her day went fairly smooth and without a hitch. She sat with her brother and the basketball team he was soon to join, plus the dance team, and surveyed around the lunch room, taking her new school in.

It was tiny, rivaling her last school of 4,000 with just 900 students. It was also two stories high with just one main building, and it seemed like everyone knew everyone, which unsettled her. At least at her last school, you could get lost in the sea of students, practically meeting someone new everyday since the school was so big. But everyone was up in each other's business here, she could tell. Or maybe they just didn't get new kids often.

Maya looked around, ignoring her cold burger and fries when she caught sight of Nick passing through the lunch room, car keys and cigarettes in hand. No way....

Was he skipping?

Maya quickly got up, startling her brother who was beside her. "Amaya? Where you going?" He asked.

"Library!" She excused herself as she crossed the cafeteria and rushed out the door. "Hey!" She called out to him, but either he didn't hear her or pretended he didn't hear her, cause he didn't stop. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" She yelled at him. He still ignored her.

He opened the door to his car only to have her shut it, making him toss his head back and let out an annoyed groan. "What?!" He turned to face her, angry expression on his face although she could careless. "First your brother, now you. What's you two's obsession with me?" He asked.

"Are you seriously skipping right now? We have detention-"

"Oh god, you cannot be serious right now," he groaned. He then eyed her up and down. "Although, if you wanted to be alone with me, all you had to do was ask," he teased as he leaned against his car door.

"Ugh," Amaya scoffed. "Don't be gross."

"There's gotta be some reason why you're riding my dick so hard about detention," he said crudely, making her cringe. "What? Did you actually think I️ was gonna serve that shit?"

"You know what? Fine!" She exclaimed. "But I️ better not be getting in trouble for your shit!" She sharply poked him in the chest before turning away, walking back inside the school before the bell rang, ending their lunch period.
_______________________________
Hello. It's the 80's. The era of Madonna, bright colors, Prince, Michael Jackson, AIDS, crack flooding black neighborhoods, and a terrible President by the name of Ronald Reagan.

Just kidding! Kinda........

Y'all want more 80's or do you wanna keep the present story going? Let me know what should be the next chapter!