Everyone dispersed. Rise and Crystal started to walk away, but Chatot stopped them.

"Hey you two! You shouldn't be wandering around!" he said in a b. "You kids follow me!"

----

He led the two up the stairs.

"Now, you two are beginners..."

beginners my butt! I've got more experience stuffed up my- Crystal stopped herself so she could listen.

"This is the job bulletin board. Pokemon of various regions post job requests here." he'd led them to a piece of corkboard stuck to a wall, covered in paper. "You're aware that bad Pokemon are popping up in greater numbers, right?" he kept his monotonous B.

No dip sherlock. We kicked some major tush before we got here.

"Yup! it's because the flow of time has been distorted. It's wreaking havoc, right?" Rise piped up eagerly."Which is why lots of bad pokemon are appearing!"

Teacher's pet... thought Crystal. Wait, the time is being distorted? What the heck, did someone go back and get jelly donuts that weren't supposed to exist or something?

"Precisely. Time getting out of whack has caused an outbreak of bad pokemon. Perhaps becayse of all that... We have noticed an increase in the number of jobs. In addition... and it's unknown if it's because of time's influence... There has been a mass outbreak of... mystery dungeons." Chatot said.

Mystery Dungeons? what the portal to the underworld is that? Crystal thought.

"So Crystal!" Rise turned to her. "You know how we got my relic fragment back yesterday?"

"You mean I got it?" Crystal raised an eyebrow at him.

"Whatever, I helped." he insisted. "So, the place where we found it was called a mystery dungeon."

"Oh. I thought it was called Beach Cave." said Crystal, a little confused to be taking all this in.

"Well, you're quite informed, aren't you, Rise?" asked Chatot.

Rise nodded. "Well that makes it easier to explain!" he chirped in an a. "Jobs all take place in mystery dungeons! So let's look for a job that you should perform!" he turned to the tacky corkboard, and plucked a paper off. "This one will do perfectly!"

"Oh really? Let's read it!" Rise said.

Hello, My name is Spoink. An outlaw has run off with my pearl! My precious treasure! The pearl is life itself... to me! I just can't seem to settle down if the pearl isn't in its proper place atop my head! But I've heard it's been spotted! It's said to be on a rocky bluff, but I've heard that that place is extremely unsafe! I could never go anywhere so frightening! Oh friendly readers, would you be so kind as to retrieve my precious pearl?

-From Spoink

"Wait a second! We're not gonna go pick up an item that someone dropped! I'd rather do something that's more of an adventure! I'd rather look for treasure, explore unknown places! Stuff like that!" Rise protested.

"You'd be too wimpy to enter." Crystal pointed out smugly.

"HUSH!" yelled Chatot angrily. "YOU'RE GONNA DO THIS JOB AND YOU ARE GONNA DO GOOD AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT!"

Rise let out a small squeal and backed away, and even Crystal found him mildly intimidating.

"IT'S IMPORTANT YOU ROOKIES PAY YOUR DUES! NOW PAY ATTENTION! I WILL REPEAT THE WARNINGS!" he cleared his throat. "You'll lose your money and items and be kicked out if you fail. Now if you can understand that, I'd suggest you get on with your job." Chatot said.

---

"this must be the bluff's entrance." Rise looked up at Crystal, hoping she didn't detect the fear in his voice. "The mission is way down on the 7th basment floor. It sounds like a seriously dangerous place. Let's be careful." he said.

---

They rushed out of the dungeon. "Good to see you fighting." Crystal panted.

"Oh, look at that!" yelled Rise without replying to her jibe. "This must be spoink's pearl! Let's hurry back with it!" he exclaimed. Crystal nodded and picked it up. "It's beautiful..." she thought.

----

"Th-thank you!" Spoink bounced up and down. Well, he always did. After all, if he didn't his heart would stop and he would die. It must stink to be a spoink, man. "The pearl must be on my head, you see! I missed it so much! I just couldn't settle down without it there! So I was boinging and sproinging everywhere! that's why I am covered in dinks and bumps. But thanks to you, that nightmare is over! You have my sincere thanks!"  He bounced over and handed them a protein, calcium, iron, and 2,000 poke.

"Oh wow! two thousand poke!" gasped Rise in absolute shock at the amount of money.

"Its nothing compared to my pearl's value. Farewell." The spoink bounced up the ladder.

And to this day they can't figure out how.

"We're rich, Crystal! Just like that!" he gasped.

"Good job. Now hand the money over, guys."

"WHATATATATATATATATATATATA?!?!?!?!?" Rise flailed in shock. This couldn't be happening! This was to him and Crystal! Chatot just stood there and scared the living portal to the underworld out of them!

"Most of the money goes to the guild master, you see. And your team's share comes out to this much." he handed them 200 poke.

"WHY?!?!" whimpered Rise. He hated this! Chatot was a thief that wasn't in purple!

"Well that's the guild's rule. You'll simply have to accept it."

"hmph." Rise sighed sadly.

----

"Everyone! Dinnertime!" The wind chime called out.

they all ate like an eating contest.

"Oh boy, I ate a lot!"  the guild murmured afterwards.

"I'm stuffed and now I'm getting sleepy..."

"YEp, I'm off to bed, goodnight, y'all!"

"goodnight!"

----

That night was another lovely night.

"Listen, Crystal... Wasn't today hectic? So much happened! I'm relieved our first job was a success, though. IT was really upsetting how the guild takes the money, while we do the work... but I guess that's the cost of training here... We can't do anything about it... but at least Spoink is happy..." he yawned. "I'm getting sleepy..."

"Team Sapphire should rebel." Crystal said.

"Goodnight, Crystal."

"Hey rise?" Rise perked up his ears.

"Stop talking when I'm trying to sleep." she mumbled, and curled up into a ball.

and went to sleep.

----

Screaming up next!

Ugh, I hate Chatot, I always have. Die, you overpompous parrot! >:(

Anyways, This was a bit short, but I don't care. I can't wait to write about the scream. =D

Wh000t!