"Whatever," he swatted her away from his face, "I️ still won most of the games-"

"But who won us 500 tickets?" She repeated, self celebrating. "Come on! Let's go get our prize!" She takes his hand and heads over to the prize counter to redeem their tickets.

They leave the arcade with a ton of candy on hand, feeling giddy. Aaliyah hops on his back and he spins them around, making her laugh in delight before being put down. They get in the car and head over to their local mall to eat in the food court, considering they couldn't decide on one place to eat. Aaliyah wanted Chinese take out, while Jack wanted a burger and fries. They both ordered their food of their choice and sat down, finally relaxing.

"Thank you for cheering me up," she said as they dug right into their food.

Jack looked up from his food. "No problem.
I mean, it's the least I️ could do," he shrugged.

"Well that's the thing. You didn't have to do anything," she pointed out. "You did it cause...you're sweet," she says, catching his eyes.

Before he could say anything else, they heard a voice behind them call out, "J-man!", making them both look behind them

Before he could say anything else, they heard a voice behind them call out, "J-man!", making them both look behind them. Devon, Elijah's best friend and a couple of guys from the football team and their girlfriends, some girls Aaliyah knew but wasn't close with, by their sides, walking up to them. "What is up man?" Devon dapped him off. He looked between them both and raised an eyebrow. "What? Y'all on a date right now or sum'?" He joked.

"We're just hanging out Devon. Nothing to freak out about," she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not," he turns his attention over to Jackson now. "Hey man, sorry you ain't win homecoming king man," he apologized, although it sounded a bit insincere.

"No worries man. I️ didn't care about it anyways," he shrugged off.

"Ay Liyah, why you left my boy hanging like that last night?" Devon asked now. "Elijah and Alexis won hoco king and queen, but you wasn't there to dance with your mans so Alexis did instead," he told her as she inwardly rolled her eyes. "He told me you had left early," he hinted, looking between the two.