Chapter 12

*I know I've been writing in past tense but I simply can't stand to write in past tense anymore, so I am changing it. Also, here's an UPDATE!!!  I am so sorry, guys. I stopped writing this book about a year or so ago because it wasn't getting any reads, but it started blowing up so here you go!!!

I swallow. Of course Harry is here. I mentally slap myself in the face for not asking Zayn if Harry would be here. 

Harry's eyes meet mine for a split second before wrapping one of his arms around Bri, causing her to smile in victory. Thoughts of him kissing my neck from the night before flutter though my mind and jealousy flashes through my body. Before I know what I am doing, I take Zayn's hand in mine. Harry's eyes widen. Zayn peers down at me before slightly squeezing my hand. I flush.

Zayn pulls out a chair for me and I thank him before sitting down. I try my best to keep my eyes off of Harry as the waitress takes our orders. I peer at the menu, not feeling very hungry anymore.

"A vodka soda for me," Zayn says, "and burger basket. No onion."

I stammer when she gets to me. "I'll take a water and just an order of fries please."

"No drink?"

I shake my head. The waitress takes our menus before leaving the table. 

I gaze back at Harry. He take a drink from his glass, his eyes glued onto me. Is he angry? Jealous? Zayn nudges at me and smiles. I feel guilt creep up my spine as I watch him grab my hand and interlock it with his. I'm obviously making him think we are more than friends just to get back at Harry -  who doesn't even remember kissing me last night. That's not something a good person does. Why am I doing this to him?

I ignore the pit in my stomach and smile back at Zayn. 

What if I do end up liking Zayn more than a friend? Heck - he would be a hell of a lot better of a "boyfriend" than Harry could ever be. I mentally shake away my thoughts. I came to college for one reason and one reason only: to educate myself. Not to date. Not Zayn and definitely not Harry.

"So could anyone inform me on why I woke up in Delta Phi?" Kate pipes up, looking slightly disappointed in herself.

Several people laughed, but I stayed silent, focusing my eyes on the glass of water in front of me.  I watched as condensation formed on the outside of the glass, trying to keep my eyes away from the curly headed jerk.

"Walk of Shame this morning?" Louis asked, an amused expression on his face. 

Kate laughed, "Yes. Second one this week sadly." 

"Last night was crazy," Niall said. He took a drink of beer before continuing, "Probably the best Silly Week Party yet." 

They all mumbled in agreement. They started to tear into stories about how their night went. Louis and his boyfriend, Khalil, ended up going to a club downtown at three in the morning and apparently one of them pole danced. Kate had the time of her life before blacking out completely. Zayn and Niall won the "championship title" for beer pong, earning a photo on Zeta's wall of glory. Bri took some sort of new synthetic drug, which she exclaimed was the best pill she has ever taken.

 I stayed silent for most of the conversation, laughing at some of the stories to blend in and nodding my head in agreement when need be. I felt Harry's eyes burning a whole through my body. To my relief, Zayn moved his hand from mine to eat his food. I eat a few of my fries to drown out their conversation.

"So, Aria," Kate starts with a sweet smile. I could tell she was a nicer person than the rest of this crew. "How was your first NYU party? Did you have the time of your life or what?"