Chapter 2

To my relief, the boy left before my mother did. My mother gave me a huge ted talk about boys and peer pressure; which was getting quite old. She should already know that I am not the type of person to go to parties or sleep with random guys. I have never even had more than three boyfriends; one in fourth grade, another in seventh, and a golf player my junior year. The farthest thing I have ever done with a guy was second base. 

I wasn't really ever popular in school. I essentially only had two friends, Brandon and Chloe.I was too caught up in excelling in my courses. I was used to being ignored. Probably because I was the type of girl that didn't constantly throw themselves at men,

I am bummed that I have a guy as a roommate. Even worse, that certain guy as my roommate. He was so rude to me and I did not do anything to deserve it. He wasn't even kind enough to give me his name.

If I could guess it would be something like Jax or Jeremy, or some bad boy name. You know?

I shake the thought out of my head as I fold my last pair of jeans and lay them gently into my dresser. Luckily, I had more than enough room in my dresser for all my clothes. I did not  I could have a shopping day and get some new outfits. I wish I had a closet, but I could always get a clothing rack.

After two hours, my room was finally complete. I then dig into my bag and pull out one last thing; a picture frame that made my heart drop. A picture of my family. Mom, me, and my father.

Dad.

He was supposed to be here with me today. He was supposed to be the one carrying my luggage and wearing an embarrassing amount of NYU gear.

I bit down on my lip to hold back any tears. My father was a good man, the type of man who fed the homeless during his free time, a man who helped his daughter do her math homework when she had trouble. But about five years ago he was part of a shooting downtown New York and passed away from a bullet wound.

Mother and I had an extremely hard time with the grief. I was only thirteen when it happened. I lost my best friend that day. He was always there for me.

If you think I went through a horrible time, you should have seen my mother. She completely broke down. You could see her breaking away piece by piece. She locked herself in the guest room, too depressed to sleep on the bed she shared with my father and only came out to go to the restroom. I had to cook for myself, had to buy groceries myself... She didn't go to work for months from the depression, resulting in the loss of her job. The little money we had left quickly ran down the drain.

Luckily, my mother managed to find a new job through a friend. Enough to help with my college education. My dream school, New York University. I have always been in love with New York City and the university. The campus is great and the libraries are full. 

My father would be so proud of me. I hear a slight sob escape my lips as memories of my father and I run through my mind like a movie in my head. I would do absolutely anything for him to cherish this moment with me; his little girl heading off to college. 

"Are you okay?"

I jump in fear and tilt my head to the side to see the tall, curly haired boy standing in the open door way. I then feel the wetness on my cheeks. Embarrassed, I immediately wipe away the pathetic tears off my face. The boys expression is softer than before but I didn't let my guard down.

"Why didn't you knock before you came in?" I snap, keeping my eyes away from him. I didn't care if I was rude, he was rude to me and my mother earlier.

"Someone's feisty," he remarks with a snort. "The door was open."

"Someone's annoying," I retort while standing to my feet. I quickly hide the picture frame on my computer desk and cross my arms over my chest. "Now get out. It bad enough to live under the same roof as you."

"That is a bit rude of you to say." A smirk played on his nude lips. My stomach knotted. 

"Just saying. You don't seem like the type of person I should hang out with."

"The fuck? You don't even know me and you're judging me," he said with a glare. The smirk was gone.  "I'd say you're the type of person I shouldn't be around, darling."

I scowl and ignore most of what he said. "Don't call me that. Thanks."

The smirk returns.

"I don't know your name so I don't have anything else to call you, darling." I want to wipe away that mocking smirk. He was already so irritating. He better not be this way all the time or I'll have to get a new apartment. "Unless you'd like me to call you babe, of course."

"Can you just get out of my room?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Can you just give me your name?"

I huffed before giving up. "Aria. Can you leave now?"

"Aria," my name rolls of his tongue and my stomach does that stupid fluttering thing again. "Cute." 

I roll my eyes again, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. 

"Do you want to know my name, Aria?"

"Not really." Yes I do.

"Liar," he reads my mind. "My name is Harry. Harry Styles."

Harry. Now that I look at him, he definitely looks like a Harry. I almost laugh as I try to picture him as a Jax as I had assumed. Harry. What a handsome name. 

A really handsome name for a really handsome person-oh my goodness, Aria! No. This is my roommate. Just a roommate. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Okay," I say.

"Okay," he repeats.

I look at him, a quizzed expression on my face. "What is this? The Fault in Our Stars? Can you get out of my room now?"

"Why were you crying?" He dodges and I purse my lips. Do I tell him? No, of course not. I don't even know him. But what should I tell him? 

"What are you talking about?" My voice is shaky.

"Don't play dumb," he retorts and I frown. He is such a mean person. He notices my hurt expression and his features soften slightly. "I heard you crying a minute ago. Why were you?"

"Why do you even care?" I ask him, feeling my cheeks heating up. 

"I don't," he answers and I feel my chest tighten. "It was annoying me. A girl moves into my apartment unexpectedly and she's already crying and emotional. It's been like two hours. If this is going to be what it is like living with a chick, you're going to have to find a new place to stay."

I scoff angrily before pressing my hands on his chest and pushing him out of my room. I quickly slam the door in his face.

How rude can one person be?

How annoying can one person be?

I hope he does not spend much of his time here.

________________

A/N: Please vote and comment please!

-Alyssa