Chapter 40

40K READS ARE YOU GUYS JOKING ME RN ILY!!!!!!!

//

"Are you going with us tonight?" Niall asks me after the biology professor excuses the class.

Zayn peers over at me after Niall asks me the question, but stays silent. I meet his chocolate eyes and a subtle smile forms his lips as he looks away, packing up his notebook and laptop. I flush as he hasn't shown me any attention this past week.

"Where?" I ask Niall, raising an eyebrow as I zip up my backpack.

"Harry didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I press.

"We're getting obliterated tonight. Like actually obliterated," he explains with a grin. "The fun stuff."

"Another party?" I snicker, trying my best to hide the irritation under my skin.

Do they not get tired of the same old thing? Drinking couldn't possibly be that fun if you do it every other day. We go to an Ivy League school and they spend their free time potentially jeopardizing their future by drinking and smoking weed. There's no way they have time to complete assignments and study. It doesn't add up.

Niall shakes his head. "Not a zeta party. We're clubbing, baby."

"Clubbing?"

"Yeah. We go to Avenue. It's one of the biggest clubs in New York. And they never ID so you could get drinks," he smirks. "It's been a good while since we went out there. Harry knows the owner or some shit, so we get to skip the line and just go right in. It's bad ass."

I press my lips together. Was Harry planning on going tonight too? "Sounds fun."

"It is fun. Right, Zayn?" Niall looks over at Zayn as we stand up and shuffle out of the seats.

Zayn avoids eye contact with me. "I guess so."

"Oh he's just being a dick. It's way better than anything zeta hosts. And that's saying a lot because that's my frat," Niall exclaims, nodding his head back to me. "You haven't lived if you haven't went to Avenue on a Friday night. Celebrities and models even go. You'd fit right in, Aria."

He winks at me playfully and I feel my cheeks glow at his comment. I force a smile. "Maybe. I'll let you know by tonight."

"You're coming. Simple," he smiles, holding the door for me.

I walk outside, the cool air hitting my face like a brick. "Mhm."

"You won't regret it. You haven't lived without going there. You're an Avenue virgin." He jokes.

"I'll see," I tell him with a subtle laugh. "Anyway. I've got to get to calc. I'll maybe see you guys later?"

I'm definitely staying home, but what they don't know won't hurt them.

"You better come," he tells me as he waves goodbye before turning around.

Zayn's eyes make momentary contact with mine once again, but he quickly snaps them away. I almost ask to talk to him, but I wouldn't know what to say. We both stay silent as he turns around and walks with Niall to his vehicle.

I purse my lips, irritated that Zayn and I's feud is still going on. I never wanted it to get like this. I miss talking to him about random parts of my day and hearing his laugh. I am beyond doubt that he will be glad that I don't show up tonight. I would only make the night inconvenient for him.

I shake Zayn off my mind as I continue the walk to class. Harry told me this morning he was skipping classes today to sleep in. Idiotic if you ask me, but I will not allow myself to scold him like I am his mother. He's an adult who can make his own decisions -- even if they're completely unreasonable.