Chapter 28

I could not help but to feel a rush from my conversation with Harry. I felt proud of myself for finally standing up for myself and making him angry for a change. The look on his face as I slammed the door in his face was enough to make me point my chin in the air in victory. 

I know he probably thinks I am overreacting, but it feels like a slap in the face that he was with Bri all weekend after such an intimate night together, especially after telling me he wanted to be exclusive. He should know that it would hurt me, considering the fact that I have never been intimate with anyone else. I should have known he was lying to get in my pants. 

I open the door of the main lobby and the cold October air makes me shudder. I definitely should have grabbed my coat, but there is no way I am going back up there after pissing Harry off like that.

Honestly I just want to leave quick enough that my psychotic roommate doesn't meet us down here and start another fight. Sounds like something he would do.

Fortunately, Zayn's familiar Tahoe is sitting in the front close to the entrance. I quickly open the passenger door and hop in, embracing the warm air inside. I glance at Zayn who keeps his stare away from me, looking straight ahead.

I forgot he was upset with me for a moment. I almost forgot this wasn't actually a date.

"Hey," I murmur quietly as he pulls out of the parking lot into the busy street.

He doesn't reply, just nods. His jaw is locked, similar to Harrys, like he is biting down on his bottom teeth.

I frown. "How are you?"

"Can you just tell me where the hell we're going?" He suddenly snaps, his eyes still on the road.

My stomach halts at his tone. It is odd seeing him upset. Usually Harry is the one who acts like this.

He then gazes at me, his brown irises sincere. "Look, I am sorry. I didn't mean to come off that rude. I'm having a rough day and I'm just confused on what we are even doing."

"It's okay," I say. I look down at my shoes, tapping them together. "I am confused too. Honestly. With everything."

"What are you wanting to talk about?" He asks me, this time in a softer tone. "And are you wanting to just. . . drive around? Or grab a bite to eat?"

"I am a little hungry," I admit, hoping he'll take my out so I don't have to humiliate myself by showing back up at the apartment early and have to confront Harry.

"What are you craving? Mexican? Chinese? Italian?"

"I'll eat anything honestly. As long as there is a vegetarian option."

"Hmm. . ." he hums, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "How about a Mexican restaurant then? I know a nice one close to my apartment."

"Sounds good," I reply.

My phone starts ringing. I pull it out of my pocket to see Harry's name flash on the screen. I peer over at Zayn who keeps his eyes on the road. I swallow, quickly pressing the decline button. A text message pops up immediately.

From Harry: What the actual fuck was that, Aria? Please call me.

I quickly reply.

To Harry: No.

From Harry: Are you actually w Zayn?

From Harry: You said you were going to stay away from him the other night. We made an agreement. For fucks sake you piss me off more than anyone I have ever met.