Chapter 10

EDITED 2021

I don't know why I'm so angry about Harry and Bri. I think it is just the alcohol in my system. I shouldn't care, I don't. God I barely know the guy, why should I feel angry? I must be confused- it's probably because he's so hot and my intoxicated self is making me think he's some sort of prince.

I push past drunken college kids. The alcohol is making me feel slow. My head is pounding. I feel so alive, but am so upset at the same time. 

I request an Uber close to the frat house and jump into the car. I stare out the window all the way back to my apartment and think about the green eyed monster. How could anyone be so irritating? I have never met someone who has gotten under my skin this easily. 

The Uber stops outside my apartment in what only felt like a mere few minutes. I paid the driver as I step out and stomp to my apartment building. I wonder what Bri and Harry did. Did they really sleep together? 

Aria, stop. Who cares?!

I wait in the elevator, huffing in annoyance. Why is the elevator going this slow? I sigh in relief as the elevator finally stops at the top floor and I walk out. I unlock the door and slam it behind me. I kicked my shoes off and race to my room. I just want to go to bed. I look at the time; it's already one in the morning. I don't remember the last time I was up this late. My schedule is going to be so messed up because of this.

I lay down my bed and stare at the ceiling. Harry makes his way to my mind. His dark brown curls, his emerald green eyes, his perfect pink lips-

That is it. I'm never drinking again.

I am such an idiot.

I stand back up, almost falling from my sluggish movements. I put on a pair of silky pajama shorts and a tank top before laying back down on my bed. I just need to go to sleep, and I'll be back to my normal self tomorrow. Back to the good ole Aria that doesn't crush on her roommate.

I close my eyes and drift off. 

...

It felt like only minutes later when a loud crash awakes me. With my heart racing, I glance at my alarm clock: 3:01 am.

I slowly get out of bed, still obviously intoxicated but not as bad as earlier, as I hear the sound of someone whining. I open my door to see the living room light on. Harry is standing over broken glass. He peers up at me, looking distressed. 

"I-I broke the lamp. I'm sorry."

I huff, shaking my head. "It's fine, Harry. I'll clean it up in the morning. You need to go to bed." 

I try not to think about him and Bri as I cross my arms over my chest. 

"But.. but it was such a pretty lamp." He exclaims sadly. He picks up a piece of glass and examines it before pouting. "What have I done? Poor lamp."

I try not to laugh. "Harry. You're very drunk."

"It's not drunk." He pauses and thinks before continuing. "I'm not drunk."

I laugh. "Go to sleep. Just sleep on the couch if you can't make it to your room."

"Without a blanket?" He pouts, pulling out his lower lip. I've never seen him look so innocent and sweet. I hold back a laugh as I pass him a fuzzy blanket from the cabinet. "Thanks, fam. Cuz. Homie. Dawg. Sista' from another mista'."

I laugh aloud. "Goodness, Harry. You are wasted."

"I made you L.O.L.," Harry pointed out with a smug smile. He's ridiculous when he's drunk. "Do you know what L.O.L. means? It means laugh out loud. Is it sad that I didn't know that till Zayn told me fucking last year?"