Chapter 37

^ for those messaging me wanting to know how I picture Haria's apartment. Kind of like this but add a bookshelf wall and a balcony !!

//

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block out the exasperating array of sunlight shining directly in my field of vision. However, the sun continued to penetrate my eyelids, annoying me in my drowsy state of mind. Eventually, I force myself to wake up just enough to whip my body around so that I was facing the wall.

The sound of a fan comforts me, blowing cold air on my body. I bury my head in the soft pillow below me, telling myself to go back to sleep. But my brain simply would not let me go back to sleep no matter how much I wanted to.

A quiet groan escapes my lips as I straighten my legs out and bend my back, stretching out my tense muscles. I flutter my eyes open to see dark painted walls, the complete opposite of my own. I knit my eyebrows together as I lean up on my elbows, scanning my eyes around the room.

It was Harry's room.

And then it all came back to me.

Everything that happened last night. How Harry "ditched" me at the gallery, smoking marijuana and getting high with Zayn at a Halloween party, Harry telling me he left because of his an emergency involving his mother being in an incident.

Harry ended up taking me home. He carried me in his room and cuddled me until I fell asleep. I feel my cheeks blush at the thought.

Wait— if I was in Harry's room, in his bed, then where is Harry?

I feel my heart plummet to the floor. Has he already left? Honestly, at this point I really wouldn't be very surprised if he has abandoned me already. That would be very Harry of him.

But what about last night? He wouldn't go through all that trouble of convincing me to trust him just to abandon me. Surely not. Then again, it's hard to know with the mood swings he goes through every five minutes.

I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands. I am not going to feel sorry for myself again. I decided to listen to him and trust him last night, knowing that he is indecisive and unpredictable. I put myself in this position again, I have to pay the price.

I want to go to my own bedroom and attempt to go back to sleep so that I can simply forget about this for awhile. I swing my feet across the bed and stand up. The only thing covering my body up is Harry's large t-shirt.

I notice my phone sitting on his desk connected to a white charger. I walk over and pick it up, disconnecting it from the charger. I don't remember even putting it there last night.

I turn on the screen and check the time; 11:04 a.m.. I have a few messages from my mother, Chloe, and Liam. I kind of expected a message from Zayn, but I am guessing he is beyond pissed at me.

I frown at the thought. I know I hurt Zayn last night by leaving hand-in-hand with Harry. I saw his face-- he was absolutely crushed. I wonder if he will ever even talk to me again, let alone text me. All I know is that class is going to be very awkward.

I huff before walking over to the door. I open it up and stride to the bathroom. I close the door quietly behind me. I quickly pee and wash my hands. I then glance up in the mirror. I still had a smudgy ring of black eyeliner around my eyes. Oh no. I cannot believe I slept with makeup on all night. My skin will definitely pay for that one.

I grab a makeup wipe and scrub the horrendous makeup from my eyes. Afterwards, I wash off my face and brush my teeth, expelling the odd taste in my mouth.