Chapter 52

aria's haircut ^
also happy 69k+ reads 😏😏🥳

//

It feels like weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Literally.

I comb my fingers through my hair, once again perplexed. From since I can remember, I have always had long hair. Occasionally I would get the normal trim, but never a cut like this. My hair, which used to go down to my waist, now stopped right below my shoulders.

The hairstylist told me that she gave me some sort of draping bangs that apparently complimented the frame of my face. Which honestly I liked quite a bit. And then she added some sort of highlights or lowlights, I couldn't remember. All I know is that it gave my hair a pretty caramel hue.

You should have seen my face when I saw it for the first time. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or scream. Not because my hair looked bad or anything, I just looked so... different.

It's crazy what an hour long session in a hair salon could do to you. How much it can make or break your appearance.

But I love the way it makes me feel. I feel so light. Like I cut more than just my hair. I don't know.

I tighten the waist of my coat to stop the cold air from hitting my body. I definitely made a bad decision by walking all the way to Zayn and Nialls apartment. I didn't realize how far away it was— especially in this cold weather.

The sun was starting to set in New York, meaning it was around five or six o'clock. I want to get back in time to change into something else and put on some makeup, but I am starting to feel a little behind. Luckily, I recognized the grocery store that was only a ten or fifteen minute walk from the apartment.

Suddenly, I watch as a dark car slows down and pulls up the curb ahead of me. I furrow my eyebrows, moving myself to my right side of the sidewalk. I stare ahead as I pass them, but the sound of one of the windows rolling down catches my attention.

"Well, hello there, angel," I hear a raspy voice greet me. "I couldn't tell if that was you or not."

I stop in my tracks, my blood running ice cold from the familiar voice. Looking inside the vehicle, my fears are confirmed as light eyes meet mine. A smile flickers on his face. I feel my stomach drop, my breathing halting.

"What's wrong, baby? Don't remember me?" Adrian asks me with a sarcastic pout. "I thought I left quite the impression."

"H-Hello," I force myself to sputter out quietly before returning to my walk.

I hear the car drive slowly beside me. "Aren't you cold?"

"Not really," I tell him shortly, wanting him to drop the conversation and drive away.

"Let me drive you."

Did I hear him correctly?

"No."

"Why not?"

"Are you being serious?" I ask him, dumbstruck.

He raises his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You threatened my life. You have to be insane if you think I would get in a car alone with you," I shake my head. I don't want to be too rude to him. Who knows what he would do to me considering he almost killed me for no reason last time.