Chapter 9

EDITED 2021 

About twelve people huddled up in a circle in the small living room- including Niall, Zayn, Louis, Harry, Bri, Kate, the red haired dude (Chris I think), some frat dudes, and a couple other girls. I fidget, I don't want to do this. In fact, I want to go home.

Kate slaps her hands together. "All right. Since Aria is one of the only freshmen actually here tonight, she's going first. So truth or dare, Aria?"

I swallow and quickly say, "Truth."

"Baby," Bri mutters. I ignore her.

"Is it true that you live with Harry?" Kate asks me with a wink. Harry presses his lips together as he stares at me.

"Yes," I reply awkwardly. "Not that I asked for it though."

"Is it true that you guys are fucking each other?" Bri asks loudly and the group laughed. Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance and I heat up.

"No," I retort, anger heavily present in my voice.

"Bri, it's not your turn. Now it's your turn, Aria. Ask anyone," Kate smiles kindly at me.

I blush and scan the room. My eyes land on the first friend I made here. "Uh, Niall. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Niall devilishly grins.

"Um- I dare you to-" I searched for a dare. I have no idea what to make him do. I glance at the bottle on the floor next to me. "I dare you to down this bottle as fast as you can."

"Slice of cake," Niall smirks as he grabbed the bottle of vodka, over half way empty, and drinks the entire thing in a mere minute. He chokes towards the end. 

"Now that I officially have alcohol posioning. Harry, truth or dare?" He said, his face red from the alcohol.

"Truth." Harry smirks, looking cocky.

"Is it true that you and Bri are together now?" Niall asks and I frown. "Cause I've heard some nasty shit about you two." 

Laughter breaks out again.

"No. I don't date," Harry simply states, his eyes flickering to me for a split second. "Bri, truth or dare?"

"Dare of course," Bri seductively smiles.

"I dare you to kiss Laura," Harry demands.

Bri shrugs and leans over to Laura, a girl with black hair and dark skin, and slams her lips onto hers. I scrunch my nose as the other guys cheer loudly. I watch as her tongue intertwine with the other girls. Bri pulls away, a smug smile on her face.

"Aria, truth or dare?" Bri asks me innocently.

"Uh, dare?" I try to be a daredevil for once. 

"I dare you to chug this vodka for five seconds," She points to a bottle. "I'll be nice this round."

I stay silent as I grab the bottle. I look up at them as they smirk at me, Harrys eyes full of amusement. It couldn't be that bad? I opened the bottle and the strong smell of rubbing alcohol fills my nostrils. I lift the bottle to my lips before taking a gulp.

I instantly regret it.

Apparently, vodka is basically liquid fire. I squeeze my eyes together, wanting to throw up as I swallow. The substance burns my throat and I can feel it traveling down to my tummy, burning a hole in my stomach. I continue to drink the revolting liquid until they yelled 'times up!' 

"That was disgusting," I complain with a sour face. My chest burns.

"Vodka is a required food group for college students," Zayn nudges me jokingly. "It replaces the vegetable category."

The game continues and people do wild things. A girl named Tiffany gave a guy a lap dance- in only her underwear, Bri kissed several more people, and Kate stripped on the table. Luckily, I was not chosen again. I just watched with amusement as the alcohol ran in my veins. 

"Harry, truth or dare?" A girl asks Harry, who now has red tinted cheeks from the alcohol in his system. 

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss her," she slurs, looking at me. She gives me a wink. 

Harrys eyes land on me and my heart races. I gawk at him. 

I shake my head. "I'm not kissing anyone."

"Don't be a puss," Louis jokes.

I shake my head and Harry's cheeks flush.

"Fine- I will switch the dare. You and Bri go to a guest bedroom alone for five minutes." The girl tells Harry.

Harry smirks, his eyes still on me. "Okay."

Bri grins and grabs Harry by his shirt collar. They race upstairs, Harry stumbling slightly. My heart rate quickens and my stomach churned as I watched Harry and Bri disappear up the stairs. I had the chance to kiss him but instead I let him and that slut mess around for five minutes? What's wrong with me?

I should have kissed him.

Would he have kissed me?

Wait why do I care? I don't care if he would have kissed me or not- do I? What is he doing up there with Bri? Is he kissing her? Is he having. . .sex with her? My stomach flips at the thought, my body heating up with several different emotions. This has got to be the alcohol. I am never drinking again.

"God knows what the fuck they are doing up there." someone points out. "Harry is so lucky right now. Bri is hot."

"Harry is about as dirty as they come. They are probably having a quickie right now," Tiffany laughs. I scrunch my nose in disgust. Would Harry actually have sex with a girl because of a dare?

"You would know," Zayn says to her.

She blushes. "So would Kate or Laura, or any other woman on campus."

I almost gagged. Jesus. I didn't know Harry got around so much. Probably has some sort of disease.

I turn around to see Harry coming down from the stairs with a smug look, Bri behind him. Harry is laughing, his eyes red. I couldn't handle it any longer as Harrys eyes landed on me.

I stand up and grip my phone. I need to get out of here, I shouldn't have come here.

"You leaving, Aria?" Someone asks but I ignore them and hurried, trying to get away from the crowd.

I take one more look back at Harry, who furrowed his eyebrows at me, but I just glare at him until turning around and rushing through the crowd of drunken college students. I need to get out of here.

___________________

A/N: super short chapter, but trust me next chapter is going to make up for it :) :) ;)