Chapter 17

The inside of Harry's car is just as exquisite as the outside. The interior was dark, sleek, and modern. The curved, black dash of the car held a monitor almost as big as my laptop screen; which I guess is the radio. The console was huge, with two cupholders and what seemed like a bazillion buttons and a gear shifter. The leather seats were a midnight black. It smelled like a car dealership. The outside was shiny, black, and sporty. I didn't even attempt to fathom the cost of this vehicle. It probably costs more than my house. Or a dozen of my cars. 

"What kind of car is this?" I ask him as he starts the engine with a push of a button. 

He smirks, "BMW I8."

I have no idea what that means, but I make my best 'impressed' face. "Oh. Is it, like, fast?"

He chuckles as he pulls out of the parking lot. "Uh- yeah. Yeah it is."

"Cool." 

I cuff my ears with my hands, now wishing I wore earmuffs or a hat. I swear it wasn't this cold earlier. It's the time of year where you could literally wear shorts during the day, but need seven layers of clothing on at night. 

"Are you cold?" Harry asks me, looking concerned as he notices my attempt to warm my ears. 

I blush. "A little bit." 

"One second," he mutters as he takes his right hand off the steering wheel. He keeps his eyes on the road while digging into the car's console. He then pulls out a black beanie and hands it to me. "There ya go."

"Oh," I say, my face hot. I grab the stocking cap from him. "Thank you."

His cheeks turn a slight red. "I keep one in my car just in case, ya know?"

I look at the beanie. On the brim of the cap has a small white patch, with the initials HS on it. I put the beanie on my head and my ears are happy from the soft coverage from the cold. Harry then turns on the heat and hot air slowly starts to fill the vehicle. We sit in silence for a few minutes before Harry budges and turns on the radio. 

"What do you like to listen to?" He asks me, his eyes darting to me for a quick moment. 

"Anything."

"I'm a bit of a Swiftie myself," he jokes as a Taylor Swift song plays on the radio. 

I laugh. "You can leave it here then." 

Before I know it, Harry starts to sing along with the song and I couldn't help but to giggle at the sight, even though his voice was angelic. It's just hilarious to think that he has listened enough to a girly pop song to memorize the lyrics. I would have seen him as the old rock kind of guy. Nirvana or something. 

"He's so tall and handsome as hell," he sings loudly, wiggling his eyebrows in my direction. His voice is beautiful. "He's so bad, but he does it so well." 

He pauses. "Hell, this song could definitely be about me. Don't ya think?"

"You're totally full of yourself," I grin. "Don't ya think?" 

"Has anyone told you that you're extremely sassy?"

"I'm not sassy."

"You're the definition of sassy."

I roll my eyes, but I can't seem to wipe the grin off my face. Being friends with Harry has its perks. It is astonishing how much of a difference this Harry is compared to the one I met when I first moved in. 

"When is your first day at the bakery?" Harry asks me.

"Thursday after literature." 

"Luliana really likes you."