Chapter 47

My heart feels like it is being crushed in my chest as I shove random articles of clothing into my suitcase. I don't even care that I am wrinkling my shirts, I just want to make this quick.

I don't care if it seems like I am overreacting. Constant lying is bad enough itself, but illegal activity is in an entirely different category.

And I know he had to have lied about other things too. If he is manipulative enough to make up an entire story to cover up who Adrian really was, then who knows what else he has lied about.

Last night I thought I knew him better than I knew anyone. I thought I loved him.

Now it seems like I don't even know him.

I throw a bunch of cosmetics into a makeup bag and toss it in my suitcase. I try to grab what I need for now. I just have got to get away from this pace before Harry comes back and tries to talk me into staying like I know he will.

I cannot believe he said he freaking loves me. What is wrong with him? Is he that desperate to keep me wrapped around his finger?

He is such a vile person.

Who the fuck goes that far?

I quickly attempt to change out of my dress. It has the remnants of tonight engraved into the fabric. All I can think about with this on is the feeling of a knife being pressed against my chest and Harry's face when he saw me enter that room.

"Oh my gosh," I groan under my breath as I attempt to unzip it, my arms wrapped behind my back. After a minute or so of struggling, I quit. "Fuck it."

I guess the dress is staying on. I don't have time to mess with this or else Harry is going to get here.

Just then I hear the front door open and shut.

Shit.

Speaking of the devil.

I wipe underneath my eyes where my makeup has smeared. I grasp my suitcase handle, extending it upwards so I can roll it. I am just going to walk past him. That is it. I am not going to listen to what he has to say or anything. Nope.

I glance back at my room and I feel my heart break even more. I have grown attached to this little bedroom. I have gotten used to calling this apartment my own and boy is it going to hurt having to find another place to live.

All because of him.

"Aria," Harry's muffled voice startles me through my door. "Can you please come out and talk to me like a civilized adult?"

An adult?!

Is he really telling me that I am the one that isn't acting with maturity?

I take a deep breath of air and mentally prepare myself for a moment as my hand grasps the cool metal of my doorknob. He is purposely trying to get under my skin. I know he is going to try to talk me out of it, tell me whatever sob story of a lie he prepared himself on the way here.

And I am not going to let him get to me. I had enough of his stupid, childish lies.

I swiftly open the door, exposing a distressed looking Harry. His eyes look irritated and his under-eyes are swollen. He stares at me in disbelief as I waltz past him, keeping my eyes forward.

"Are you seriously moving out?" He asks me as he follows behind me.

I roll my eyes. There is no way he is actually surprised over this, right?

I walk to the door and set my suitcase down momentarily. I feel Harry's stare as I slip on my handy sneakers onto my bare feet. I know it is incredibly cringe to wear shoes without socks, but comfort really isn't my top priority right now.