Chapter 50

Aria Jacobs

"Make sure to prepare and study for the quiz regarding cellular respiration Friday," my biology professor tells us as we reach the end of class. "Fall break hasn't begun quite yet. I think a few of you have forgotten that, hence the seventy-one average on Mondays exam."

I jot down Bio Quiz on a yellow sticky note and place it on my planner. I can see myself forgetting all about it with my circumstances. My mind has been everywhere besides my studies lately. I need to focus on these last few weeks to keep my grade point average.

I put a check mark next to Bio Class on my planner. It's Wednesday, half way through out the week. It has gone by extra slowly. Aside from my nightly studying with Zayn and Niall in the living room, my mind has been stuck on Harry.

I saw Harry Sunday after Zayn and I finished grocery shopping. I couldn't believe it. I heard tires squealing and cars honking at the street, and there he was in his fancy car. His windows rolled down, revealing a breathless Harry. I'm hoping it was just a freaky coincidence and not him following me.

Surprisingly, Harry didn't freak out when he saw that I was with Zayn. That was a huge shocker. I thought for sure that he would get out of the car and start a physical fight with Zayn. I thought he would yell at me. I thought he would kill someone. Anything.

Instead he just drove away. Defying all of my expectations.

I guess Zayn didn't see him because he didn't mention anything about Harry on the way back. And since he didn't bring it up, neither did I. I just went about my day, nerve wracked that he would show up at Zayn's or blow up on the phone.

But... I haven't heard from Harry since then. No calls. No texts. He didn't come banging on Zayn's door. Nothing.

"Look at Aria being all organized," Niall says in awe, snapping me out of my thoughts. "We studying tonight?"

I glance over at him. "Sure. I work until eight though so it will have to be after that."

"And she's a working woman," he boasts with a cocky smile. "What do you not do?"

"Get a break," I joke, giggling as I place my planner and laptop into my book bag.

Students pile out of the biology building. It's that time a year where there's a mix of tension, drowsiness, and excitement since there is only a couple more days until break. I feel so exhausted from the constant studying and writing that have accumulated up in just a few days time.

"Speaking of a break," Zayn murmurs with a soft smile. I gaze at him as we shuffle down the hall. "I think I have a way to get your mind off everything."

"Oh yeah?" I raise my eyebrows.

He nods, opening the door for me. I step outside into the cold air, straggling behind so I can hear his proposition. He lets a few more people out before catching up to Niall and I.

"There's this little celebration the university hosts for fall break," he tells me happily. "It's a little bonfire party thing. It's this Friday night."

I smile. "Well is it fun?"

"I've never actually been to one," he shrugs with a blush erupting on his cheeks. "All my friends said it was too nerdy."

"Because it is," Niall interjects in a matter-o-fact tone as he puts on a stocking cap.

"Hey!" I jokingly shove Nialls chest with a laugh.

Niall laughs. "Well who willingly wants to sit in the freezing cold and roast marshmallows on a Friday night? I mean cmon."

I ignore him and look at Zayn. I nod my head. "You know what, that sounds really fun. I'd like that."