Chapter 29

Unlike Harry and I's studio apartment, Zayn's studio apartment is on the ground floor - which I actually preferred as I have an intense fear of height. 

It was only a ten minute drive to his apartment. It was almost exactly how I expected it to look; bland and messy. It was much smaller than Harry and I's, but not too cramped. The walls were white and blank, lacking any decor. The tiny kitchen warped around a small table for two and the living room was half the size of ours with a singular couch, a coffee table filled with cups and a pizza box, and a tv. 

This place needed a severe makeover. 

"Sorry it's sort of a mess," Zayn mumbles as he walks over to the coffee table and picks up the pizza box and some of the cups. 

"It's okay," I reply, awkwardly standing at the entrance. 

Should I take my shoes off? I never know if I should or not. Just to be safe, I press my left foot on the heel of my right and squirm my foot out of my shoe. I bend down and place my shoes by the door.

Suddenly I hear a barking sound and gaze up to meet a large four legged creature. The golden retriever runs towards me, its tail wagging at an alarming rate. Fear takes over my body, scared that it might bite me since I am a stranger. Before I know it, the dog is jumping up on me trying to lick me.

"Sam!" Zayn whistles. "Come here, buddy."

The dog gets off of me, whining as he runs over to Zayn. Zayn bends down, petting him. Sam's tail wags and he receives affection from his owner. Zayn peers up at me with a smile. 

"This is my doggy, Sam. He can be a little overwhelming, sorry about that." 

"He's cute," I admit. I forgot that Zayn had a dog. Even though I prefer cats, Sam was a pretty dog with his fluffy blonde fur and big eyes. 

I walk over to then and reach my hand out. I pet his soft fur, and he squirms in excitement under my touch. He breathes heavily, peering up me with brown eyes as his tail thuds on the floor in excitement.

I smile at the puppy. "Hi, Sam. I'm Aria."

Zayn grins at me. "I'll go ahead and move your shoes. He likes to chew things." 

He walks over and grabs my sneakers, setting them up on the kitchen counter. I mentally cringe. Who knows what I stepped on with those things. I would never put them near where my food sets. 

Men scare me. 

I'm fortunate the one I moved in with wasn't like this. Luckily, Harry was a clean freak like me.

Stupid Harry. 

"Could I use your restroom?" I ask Zayn. 

"Of course. It's in the hall, the door to the left." 

I nod and give Sam one last ruffle on his head before walking towards the short hall. Before I reached the bathroom, however, another door opened. A blonde stepped out of the room, staring at his phone in only a pair of white boxers with four leaf clovers imprinted on the fabric. He gazed up from his phone and his face turnt a ketchup red. 

"Aria! What the hell?" Niall yelped. 

He immediately covered his privates with his hands, looking mortified.

I burst out in laughter.

"Oh, Niall. I forgot to tell you Aria was staying over tonight," Zayn chuckles from the living room. 

"You'd think that is something you would tell your roommate beforehand," Niall murmurs, embarrassed. 

Roommate?