Chapter 20

I sleep in until nine in the morning the next day. It was Friday and to my luck, I had no classes to attend. I step in the shower, letting the hot water run down my body, instantly relaxing my muscles. 

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Several different things run through my mind. I thought about Harry and I. Why was he avoiding me? After what we done? And who is Adrian? Why did Bri mention her? Clearly she is part of Harry's life or he wouldn't have reacted the way he did last night. 

Jealously crept up my spine. I hate that I feel this way. I can't want to feel this way. 

I shave my legs for the second day in a row, running the razor down my skin. They were still soft, but I wanted an excuse to stay in the shower longer. I lather my hair in a deep conditioner. I wonder what Harry thinks of all the girly hygiene products in his shower. When I moved in, only two bottles of manly soup were in the shower. Not even a facial cleanser. Now it was neatly organized with almost a dozen different products. 

I rinse my body off and turn the water off, stepping out on the shower mat. I wrap my hair in a towel and dry off my body. I take my robe off the hook and put it on my body, tying the belt around my waist. 

I open the bathroom door and step out. Hunger invades my body, begging for breakfast. As I walk to the kitchen, I am surprised to see Harry's tall figure in the kitchen. He's dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie. His dark hair was tousled. 

He drops a pair of keys on the kitchen island causing a clinging sound. His gaze meets mine and he smiles, "Morning." 

I awkwardly return a smile. "Morning."

I feel exposed even though the robe covered most of my body. Even though he has already seen me in just a pair of panties. 

"Got any plans for the day?" 

"Not much. Kate and I are supposed to go shopping later."

He snorts. "Does she not know that you'll probably shit yourself if you step foot into a Hot Topic?"

I roll my eyes. "Not real shopping. We are going to look for an outfit for the party tonight."

"You're actually going to go?" He raises an eyebrow. 

"Probably not. But I'll still help Kate find something to wear." 

My eyes travel to the large brown paper bag on the kitchen counter behind Harry. His eyes follow my gaze and the edges of his lips turn upward. He grabs the bag and turns back towards me. 

"I felt bad for not eating with you last night, so I bought us some br-" 

He is cut off by the intruding sound of knocking on the door. 

We both furrow our eyebrows wondering who is here this early. I fidget, heading to the door. I peak through the peep hole to see my mother. Oh my god.  I completely forgot about parent's weekend! I gape at Harry before unlocking and opening the door. 

"Aria!" My mother exclaims, pulling me into a hug. 

"Goodmorning, mom," I mumble back.

She pulls away and inspects my body, her facial expressions changing. "Why aren't you dressed? It's almost ten o'clock! We have a lot of stuff to do today."

I feel slightly embarrassed. I cannot believe I forgot about parent's weekend. Has my mind been that full? 

"I am sorry. I kind of lost track of time this morning," I rush as she walks inside the apartment.

"Well, hurry along and get ready. I thought we could grab some brunch?"

I watch my mothers blue eyes move towards Harry. She squints, obviously disgusted by his presence. My face heats up.