Chapter 37: Mumbled apologies and Coming home

My grandma woke me up speaking to me softly. I groaned because I didn't want to get up but I knew I had to. After about 5 minutes of waking up and finally feeling awake enough to stand I had to go get my bag to get ready. It was in Avas room.

I walked in there slowly and grabbed my bag.

"Courtney." I heard a weak voice.It was a half asleep Ava.

"Look, I need to get ready I don't have time for this right now." I say and walk out of her room. I wasn't a morning person nor did I want to talk to her.

I got ready and dressed and had a bowl of cereal. It was about time to go.

I knew Ava wasn't well enough to get up without her head pounding. But for some reason I thought she would've at least got up to say goodbye.

I wasn't gonna leave and not say bye. I'm not like that. I went up and stood in her doorway.

"Ava I'm leaving." I said in a normal tone.I saw the bed move and ava stretch.Waking up.

"Courtney?"

"What?" I ask plainly

"I'm sorry. For everything. I screwed this whole thing up. I just wanted to spend time with you while you were here." She said

"And I'm sorry that you have to leave on a bad note because that was not what I wanted to happen. I just hope sometime you can forgive me even if it's not now. I'm always here for you Courtney." She continued.

"Okay Ava." is all I say.

"have a good flight." Ava tells me and I leave the room. I wasn't sure if I was still mad or felt guilty for being mad. I just wasn't sure. We said our quick good byes to Mary and headed out back to claires house to say bye. I asked kian if he would be willing to face time me quickly so he could talk to claires girls. He said he would.

Unfortunately Sammy, the older sister, wasn't there. Only Mellie. Which was fine but it would've been cool for both of them. Mellie was still super excited when we got there. We were sitting around the table everyone talking. I was asking Mellie questions about how she was liking high school and she was asking me questions about you tubers. It was fun.

"Hey.. I have a quick question to ask you before I go." I say to her. She looked at me kinda concerned.

I continued, "Do you want to say hi to kian? I can FaceTime him?" I ask her and her mouth drops. And she looks like she might cry.

"REALLY?"

"Yeah!" I say pulling out my phone.

Needless to say seeing her and Kian interact for a few minutes on FaceTime was adorable. He loves his fans so much and that made Mellie so happy.

Mellie thanked me so many times before we left and hugged me a bunch. If I could do this for more fans that would be amazing.

But we had to get going. We headed off to dump the rental and catch our flight.

*Kian pov*

I am packed and heading back home for alittle while. Just some much needed time to just hang out with my family. I'd planned this a few months back but the week creeped up on me. It just so happened that Courtney gets back the day I leave so I won't be able to see her. Which is sad.

I was glad I got to talk to a fan. I always love making them happy.She was so happy.

I make my drive back home in about an hour and feel a great warm feeling driving through my old neighborhood. Getting to see my mom and dad and having one of their meals was just nice. For some reason my dad was acting nicer this time. I don't know, maybe he missed me.

We sat at the table eating dinner just making small talk for the most part like normal.

"How's Courtney doing?" my mom asked

"Great. She's been back home for the last week."

"Oh that's lovely. How are you two together? Last time I really heard things weren't good." She says and my heart stung thinking back at it.

"We are really good. We fixed some things and it benefited both of us alot." I state

"Mhm.." My mom mumbled

"what?" I ask her

"I love courtney, you know that.." she started and I looked at her confused at what she was gonna say.

"Just I didn't know you two would last this long and it's really awesome." my mom says. I was confused but flattered at the same time.

"Mom, I love her."

"Oh I know you do sweety." She said half heartedly. My dad chuckled.

"You guys," I stated and looked at them angrily.

"I am not kidding. That girl means more to me than you will ever know. I love her. I love her more than I thought was possible." I pause and grin at the thought of her.

"She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I couldn't feel more lucky. I. Just wish you guys understood."

My mom smiled at me and stood up taking her plate into the kitchen. I then did the same, and that was that.

Later that night Courtney called me and we talked for an hour or so before going to bed. I miss her.

-----

I finally am going home today. This week was refreshing. Just relaxing and hanging out with old friends. Well also doing school work, you know my dad wouldn't let me skip out of that.

Blasted the music on my drive home. I was excited to be back home. And to see my baby <3.

This is seriously so weird. We see eachother so much on a regular basis so since we've been apart it's been sad. I just want her in my arms again. When I got home I called Courtney and she didn't answer which was weird. So I started a load of laundry and then she called me back saying she was in the shower. I told her I was home and she was happy.

"I'm home so, I can't wait to come see you. When can I come over?" I ask her urgently

"Whenever. I missed youuuuu" she replied and I basically run to get my shoes and car keys.

I hang up with her and drive to her house and walk in and call out "I'm here! Where are youzzz??"

I find her in the kitchen and she leaps into my arms and I pick her up and squeeze her tight.

"Two weeks was too long. Let's never do that again." she mumbles into my neck.

"Agreed."

"I... Love... You.... So .... Much." she said between kisses. She squealed out of happiness and hugged me again.

I pull away and gently grab her face.

"You are so beautiful. How are you mine?"

She giggled and shrugged.

She's so adorable.

"I wanna nap.." she said later as she was playing with my fingers as we sat on the couch.

"I could go for a nap." I state and she smiles at me. She grabs my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine and we head upstairs. We get comfortable in her bed. One thing led to another and we were under the blankets kissing for a long while. Slow and sweet, just enjoying each others company before finally falling asleep.

-

I could look at her face like this for hours. Just watching her mind rest but sometimes dream, making her eyelids move occasionally. Her bottom lashes meeting the top. Her lips plump and cute just barely touching as she slept. She was so beautiful and i will be forever mesmerized laying here.We've actually been sleeping for a couple hours now, I didn't expect to be that tired.

I run my finger tip down the bridge of her nose and she grins and opens her eyes.

------

So adorable! Agh it have me the feels writing. I hope you liked it! Vote, it helps me out a lot!(: