Chapter 10: The phone call

"yes. What's wrong?" I say my voice stronger from concern.

"Kian I need a ride like now. It's urgent!" she says now she sounds like she's crying and running.

"Courtney what's wrong?!?" I ask now I feel like someone is in danger.

"My grandma got in a car accident! And I need a ride to the hospital now!" she is crying now and I feel my body tense up.

"I'll be there as soon as I can!" I say and grab a sweatshirt and pants.

"Okay hurry!" she says and hangs up.

I quickly put clothes on and slip on my shoes running to rickys room. I barge in and he's on his computer.

"I need your keys!" I say and my voice is urgent and shaking.

"what? Why?" he asks as he grabs them and throws them at me.

"Courtneys grandma got in a car accident! I got to go-" and I run down the stairs start the car and speed to courtneys. She's standing outside her house and she gets in and I speed to the gate and they let us through.

I ask what hospital and she tells me. I hurry as fast as I can. She's crying and trying to tell the story. I feel fear build up in my stomach and my eyes water.

What Courtney told me was that her grandma was going to the pharmacy to get some medicine because she wasn't feeling well. She left at like 11:30pm and she didn't get a phone call from her just a call from the hospital that she was on her way to. They said she got in a serious accident. The driver was going the opposite way on the freeway and hit her headon. Then another car hit her car as it was spinning. When they got to her she was passed out. And that's all the hospital told her.

I try to comfort her but I don't know how. I can't tell her it's okay when we don't know if ot is. All I can do is allow her to speak her concerns and keep her in my arms. I get to the hospital and park the car. We run in and look for the front desk. We ask for her at the front desk and they call for one of her nurses to explain to Courtney. I stand beside her as she gets the news.

They say she had a heart attack and her head got pretty banged up. She was currently in surgery seeing if anything punctured her lungs. And what hurt Courtney and honestly myself was that we couldn't see her. Until they patched her up and she was out of surgery. They suggested we go home.

We thanked the nurse and said to please keep us posted.

"I'm not leaving." she said and sat down with her head in her hands.

Is it down beside her. I rub her back. It's silent for a while. We were they only people in this waiting room. It was fairly large with many seats and had one two seated couch.

She looks up at me with tears streaming down her face and looked into my eyes.

"I need her kian. I need her." she says causing my heart to break.

"I dont know how I would bare to live without her. She has been there through everything. She's my best friend, my mom, and my grandma. She's my supporter and my therapist. She helped me through things I never thought I would make it through." she says and looks away. Now a tear sheds from my eyes. She looks at me and wipes it away.

"We will get through this." I say

"All three of us." I continue.

I walk over to the couch and Courtney follows. We snuggle up and get comfortable. Ricky texts me over and over. I finally ask him to take my car and bring us pillows and blankets and phone chargers. I really hate driving my car. I was hoping to sell it but I never got around to it. Courtney doesnt fall asleep. She lays on me, zoning, probably thinking the worst.