Chapter 3:Goodbyes and Hellos

I look over at ava. Her eyes glossy trying not to shead a tear.sad looks on both of our faces. We stand up and give a hug and I give Mary a hug also. Ava hugs my grandma as well. I go say goodbye to her dog outside. I come back in and go to the Ava once again and hug her. This hug had so much meaning and sorrow in it. "I'm going to miss you so much." Ava managed to say before bursting into tears. "I'm going to talk to you everyday. Don't you worry. But I'm going to miss seeing your face everyday." I break from the hug now tears streaming down my face.

She hands me a picture of us framed. With a message taped on the back. "Thank you." I somehow squeak out. My grandma says one last goodbye and walks out the door. "Ill hug this when I miss you. Bye..." I say walking out. Looking back and feeling my heart breaking.

As we pull out of the driveway I wave bye once again. We drive for what feels like forever. Through the night.I sleep and wake up it's like 3:30am and my mom was at a truck stop using the bathroom. I check my phone and door opens. "Good morning sleepyhead." "hi" I reply to my grandma. "I'm gonna use the bathroom then I'll drive and you can sleep." I say. "Okay if you insist." she said looking exhausted. I hop out of the car and walk to the bathroom. It's chilly. I also change into some sweats and put on a sweatshirt. I get in the car and find my grandma trying to fall asleep with headphones in. I put on a audiobook and take off my shoes and drive. Drive for hours listening to "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.

I lost track of time and honestly I'm not tired. I'm sad. I miss home. I'm almost to the Kansas border.

After a day and a half driving, stopping , sleeping and ordering room service multiple times we were almost to L.A. The uhaul drivers called and said they were there waiting. We told them we'd be there in 30 minutes.

My grandma said before we were going to live in a gated community. We came to the gate and showed our house keys.We drove through this beautiful neighborhood with trees and gated houses. The houses were fairly large and looked new.

"This is it." my grandma said pulling into our new houses driveway next to the uhaul. Our house was only like block away from the gate. The workers were getting out of the cab to greet us. "It looks beautiful." I say getting out of the car staring up at the giant tan colored house. It had rock detailing around the garage.It had nice green grass and a few steps up to the door. The door had glass on both sides. And on each side of the door was a potted plant.

I waited for my grandma to get to the door with the keys and peered inside. I honestly couldn't wait to look around. I hadn't seen any pictures. I quickly sent text Ava and told her my house is beautiful and huge! And that I'll send her pictures later.

When I was on my phone up by my new front door I feel like I was being looked at. You know that feeling? I looked up to see two boys one tall and one average both cute from what I could see, I didnt get to see their faces. I didnt look up fast enough. They were jogging by checking out the new neighbors I'm assuming. I don't think they saw me.

I got impatient and ran to my grandma who was mingling with the uhaul people so I got the keys and went to explore the house. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door and slowly opened the door.

In front of me was a stair case, to the right to me was a living room or might me a family room. Then flowing out of there was a formal dinning room and a walkway to the kitchen. To the right from the front door was a entry way then a small hall with a bathroom and a door to the double car garage. As well as a bedroom. Then a little farther down the hall lead into a living room with built in cabinets and a casual dining room table and the kitchen. The kitchen had Granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. It had an island and a double oven. I can't wait to bake with my grandma in here.