"No," the Empress shook her head. "A banquet is the only thing that will befit your status as a Prince. You will have a banquet."

Alright. If she said that with the same tone of entitlement she used while still campaigning for me to get the Heir Throne, then this will all make sense.

But no. My mother is telling me that she will throw a banquet for me because I deserve it...in a tone that says it's all a done deal and she is just informing me that it will happen.

"Mother, is there something going on?" I asked, a little uneasily.

"No," the Empress gave me a smile. Her hand rose to pat my cheek. "Don't be worried, I already cleared this to the Emperor. He thinks it's an inconvenient but this is for you. So your travels will be blessed by the heavens. There will be a ceremony lead by the monks and performances fron famous string players, singers and a whole ensemble of troubadours. It will be entertaining..."

"I see..." what else can I say? I can tell that my mother already planned everything. But there is one question bugging me. "What will be my role in this banquet?"

The Empress gave me an indulgent smile. "My silly son, the banquet is for you." She said before looking down at my clothes. "Still in your sleeping robe?"

I winced. "I will get dress and start my day, Mother."

"Good," The Empress nodded. "At least tell me that you already break your fast." She was talking to me but her eyes went over my shoulder to Yong.

So Yong replied to her. "He did, Your Majesty."

"Excellent." My mother caressed my cheek again. "I have to go. I have many things to prepare for your banquet. Have a nice day, Prince Guo." She took a step away from me.

I bowed to her. "And I wish you the same, Mother." I straightened after replying.

With a nod, my mother turned around. The skirt of her robe swishing as she goes. I was left with Yong behind me.

"Do you also get the impression that the banquet is not for me?" Is it just me having that feeling?

"Yes, Your Highness." Yong said as he took a step to stand beside me. "I think something is going on."

"Something is going on?" I chuckled at that. "When does it stop? Everyday, something is going on in this place."

Yong frowned as he contemplate on that. "Yes. You have a point there, my Prince." My guard replied, in all serious tone.

I laughed at him. Yong smiled at me. I nodded in glee. No matter what is going on, I think it will be big.

........................

(WANG DAO)

"What is going on?"

My Crown Prince asked that question. Together we stood on the Imperial ground and watch as cart upon cart paraded around us.

"I think a banquet is being prepared, my Prince." I said.

"How did you know that?" Prince Han asked curiously.