Chapter 29

(Hey guys. This note is for anyone who did not see the post on my wall a couple of days ago. This is probably the last chapter of this story, or anything else, that will be posted for a while. I just haven't felt like writing recently, and I've caught up on all of my chapters. Working has taken most of my energy, and when I get home, I'm either sleeping or playing video games or watching YouTube to de-stress. I just haven't felt the urge to write like I used to, and honestly, it really bothers me.

I want to continue writing. I want to continue creating characters and stories that all of you enjoy and make you happy. But write now I just can't find it in me to come up with good story lines. This chapter felt forced, and I feel like you can tell as you read. I'm sincerely sorry if it isn't a good experience, but I didn't want to spring this on all of you and leave you with nothing. You all deserve better than that. 

If I'm being completely honest and open with you guys, I'm just not in a very good place right now. I need some time to me to get myself out of whatever slump I've plummeted into. I really hope it doesn't last too long, but I make no promises. When I do start writing again, I'll be sure to let all of you know with a message on my board. 

And while I may be taking a break from writing, I will not be disappearing from Wattpad. You may still PM me if you want to chat. I love talking to all of you.

Either way, I hope you manage to enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry again for the hiatus I'm taking, but I really do feel that it is for the best. I love you all so much.)

We made it home quickly, probably within a minute or two. Sebastian opened the front door and carried me inside, and I gaped at what I saw.

Lisa was standing in front of the door with a smile on her face similar to the one Sebastian often wore. Behind her, there was no sign of the event that had happened not half an hour ago. There were no bodies, the banister was fixed, and no bloodstains dirtying the floor.

My shock only lasted a moment. I had other things to worry about rather than a clean house. "Is James still here?" I asked Lisa.

She opened her eyes and answered, "He's waiting in the sitting room."

Sebastian set me gently on my feet, then I sprinted for the sitting room.

I threw open the large door, eager to see if James was alright. He and his coworker, Dan, both jumped as the door slammed against the wall. I ignored it and entered the room, smiling to see them both safe.

James stood and met me halfway to the couches. He was returning my smile until his gaze landed on my bruised neck. He frowned.

I resisted the urge to cover the marks. "I'm fine, James. Really."

His eyes told me he didn't believe me, and they continued to search my body for other injuries. His gaze stopped again at the blood on my leg.

"It must be someone else's," I lied. "I'm not cut." Not anymore, I added inwardly.

His gaze returned to my eyes, his expression clearly holding a new fear. "You didn't-"

"She hasn't killed anyone."

We both turned to see Lisa had just entered the room, Sebastian behind her. "She only really injured one person, and I've already had them all sent to the hospital. Chrystal has already been taken care of as well, and she's going to be just fine."

James's eyes darted back to my bruised neck, but I did my best to ignore it. He turned back to Lisa. "What do you think caused this? Who was behind it?"

Lisa shrugged. "I never saw his face, or what happened to him. However, the people I spoke with about why they had come had interesting answers."

"And those are...?" James asked.