When we arrived, I opened up the door and instantly Lilian wiggled out of my arms and went over to play with Miranda.

"Hey Emilie." I turned around and saw Abby with her clipboard.

"Hey Abby."

I met Abby a week or two after I moved here. She's a werewolf just like me and she's the Luna of the Black Shadow Pack. Her mate was Alpha James and they have a daughter named, Miranda who happens to be playing with Lilian right now.

"So how have you been lately? Lilian still a handful?"

"Yeah." I laughed. "How 'bout you and James?"

"Well we've been busy lately." she blushed.

"Busy how?" I smirked.

"Okay fine. Miranda is going to be an older sister soon."

"Congratulations!" I hugged her.

"Thanks. I just don't know how we're going to tell her."

"Well you still have time to figure that out. I've got to get going though before I'm too late."

"Okay."

"Bye Lilian." I called out to her.

"Bye momma." she came running up me and gave me a hug.

I squatted down to her level so I could return it. "Be good okay?"

"Kay." I kissed her forehead and then left.

I headed down to the restaurant taking me about fifteen minutes to walk there. I clocked in before putting my apron on and going out to take people's orders.

On my break I decided to check my email to see if I had heard anything from home. I kept in touch with my parents and Sara ever since I left. I've sent them a couple pictures of Lilian but not to many.

Just as I suspected a email popped up from my parents. My mom told me that my brother Sam found his mate and their throwing a big party to celebrate. She told me I should come and support him and I was actually considering it.

I mean it would give them a chance to finally meet Lilian, right? The only complication is Jake. I can get past this. Do this for Sam and for my mom and dad and for Lilian. You can do this Emilie.

*^*^*

I was on my way on picking up Lilian from daycare. I'm running a little late so I'm walking faster than usual and I'll probably never here the end of it from Lilian about being late.

I opened the door and I was greeted by an unhappy Lilian.

"You wate." she crossed her arms over her chest. She had her coat and boots on all ready to go.

"I know I know. I'm sorry I didn't mean to be late Lil." I crouched down to her eye level. "But the reason I'm late is because I have a surprise for you."

"I'm wistening."

"Okay so you remember the pictures I showed you of grandma and grandpa and your uncle Sam, well how would you like to meet them?"

A smile replaced Lilian's frown on her little face. "Yes!" she squealed wrapping her arms around my neck. I picked her up, said bye to Abby and then started walking home.

*

I opened up my apartment door and put Lilian down. I closed the door behind us and walked into my bedroom to change into something comfortable.

I was putting the clothes I was just wearing away when Lilian came running in.

"Mommy can you work tv for me?" She held the remote up to me.

She still doesn't understand how to use the remote which I guess is a good thing so she can't just turn it on all the time.

"Can't you play with one of your toys for right now? You watched tv right before daycare so you don't need to watch it right after daycare."

"Pwease."

"No."

She stomped her foot and ran out of the room crying. Did I mention that when she doesn't get her way she throws a fit? Well that what she's doing right now.

I followed her back out into the living room where she's trying to get the tv to work.

I took the remote from her hands and placed it on a shelf that she could reach.

"No." she cried.

I bent down to her height and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Stop crying. You don't need to throw a fit every time you don't get your way."

"But I wanna watch tv."

"And I said no. I was going to let you watch some tonight before you go to bed but you clearly can't behave."

"Yeah I can." she stopped crying.

"Okay let's see how you do up to that point and then maybe you can."

Goodness just think of how my parents are going to spoil her rotten.