Chapter 31

Merianna

For the next few days, Noch had been making my training top priority. Heaven knew why. Well, I had a few theories as to why though.

1. He wanted to pass down his abundant wealth of ancient knowledge on to the only willing new member that was capable of harnessing said old magic (since Nelia was with the Ga's).

2. He was somewhat becoming fond of me and actually wanted to teach me for the sake of teaching and spending time with me.

3. He wanted to teach me as much as possible before I opened my mouth and became irritating.

4. He wanted to teach me enough so he could send me on my first mission, so I could be out of his hair, sight and hearing.

5. He just wanted my training to be a literal pit of Tartarus... screams, torture, flames, rattling chains and all other hellish activities included.

In my opinion I think the lower the list of theories went the more likely they were to be true.

Especially when he leapt from practical teaching to theoretical teaching. I would ask one question, just one, one itty bitty question that should in my mind have one itty bitty simple answer. Right? Apparently simple answers didn't exist in the previous cycles, and said simple itty bitty question, has a scroll's length of an answer.

It was during one of these small questions that I asked, where I immediately mentally kicked myself. Why, oh why did I have to ask a question? ANY question at all?! Why take the chance that it "might" have a short answer?

My mind was starting to wander a few seconds into his explanation of how the old elements got split up into the new elements during the last Cataclysm. All I had asked was: "So, each element we have now is in part, pieces of the old elements?".

Just yes or no. I was only wanting a YES or NO answer! He had already explained to me the in depth details between the differences before!

My mind tuned out his babble as my eyes unfocused slightly. In this way I could see the aura that encased him from head to toe. The energy hovering around his head was shining an intense vibrant shade of white as his mouth moved rapidly, which meant that he was clearly excited about what he was sagely imparting on to me. Or, hoped he was imparting on to me anyway...

I could see this latest spiel going on until nightfall. I was probably over-exaggerating but given that it had indeed happened three times already, I couldn't look past the possibility...

My eyes came back into focus and started to wander around him.

Noch really does love his dark colored clothing. I wonder if he owns anything light colored.

I wonder what would happen if I were to use a brightening spell on his wardrobe? I bet he won't like that... hehe

I haven't seen Hixo in a long time. When is Noch going to call him again so he can take me for a ride? Hixo likes me better anyway.

It's a nice day today, the sun is actually shining warmly for a change and all the trainees are away on their final trails. I do not envy them...

The final trail that Fog talked about after I asked him sounded scary. Even for me! To think that he and the elders created an island in the middle of nowhere that crawls with demons and evil creatures of all sorts and spelled said island to nullify the drawing in of energy except for one little spot on the island that is only big enough to hold one person.

The bad part about that? You're divided into teams of 4. So only one person can use said itty bitty space at a time while the drawing in of said energy attracts all the evil creepy crawlies. The bad part about that? Where you can move into the energy space, the monsters can too.