Chaper 39: A Daughter's Protector

Chapter 39: A Daughter's Protector

The pink-headed maid was in kitchen walking around and making sure that preparations for dinner was going smoothly. After all, they were going to receive a very important guest very soon. Virgo, followed by the main butler, Capricorn, were making small talk while the walked around and supervised the preparations, when all of a sudden the bell from the Lady's study rang.

Both Virgo and Capricorn looked at each other, slightly wishing that the other would just be polite and be the one to go to the Lady's study.

"I went the last time Capricorn, believe that she wants you this time," Virgo commented as she quickly tried to walk away from the giant, and very pale man. Before she can make a second step into the opposite direction, Virgo felt her whole body being lifted off of the floor, "this is very childish Capricorn."

"Childish, hmm that word is not in my vocabulary little miss," Capricorn said as he slightly smirked behind the pink-headed maid. Before Virgo could come up wit another argument, the bell rung a second time, yet this time it was a quick two rings.

Capricorn sighed as he put Virgo back on the floor, "I guess this mater may be of utmost importance if the Lady requires both of our presence," Virgo commented as she started to smoothen out her attire, brushing away any run-away ingredients that ended up on her clothes.

"Let's go, Virgo," Capricorn said as he opened the door for the pink-headed maid.

"Oh, you're so brave to let me see the Lady first," Virgo said as she walked through the door.

"It's called being a gentleman," Capricorn said as he stepped through the door, following a step or two behind Virgo.

"Sureeeeeee," Virgo commented as she turned the corner.

_____________________________

"Why the handcuffs?" Lucy said as she followed Freed with little resistance.

"Precautionary measures," Natsu said as he opened the door.

As soon as Natsu opened the door, his eyes went dark, the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. A vein on his forehead grew bigger, and all of a sudden the door was flung onto the street. He had ripped it out.

"What's the meaning of this!" Natsu screamed as he looked at the scene.

The blond-headed woman poked her head by the door frame to see what was getting Natsu so angry. Her eyes widened.

"Oh shit," Lucy whispered to herself.
________________________________

Virgo knocked on the large wooden doors twice, before she heard the words 'Come in'.

"Here we go," Virgo whispered to Capricorn while she pushed the doors open. There was sitting her and Capricorn's mistress, Layla Heartfilia, standing in front of her large bullet-proof windows as she stares through it.

"I have a mission for the two of you," Layla said as she turned her head towards the main butler and maid, "and as always, I expect none of this information to leave this room. Do you understand?"

"Yes Ma'am," Virgo and Capricorn said in unison, "we swear on our lives. You have complete trust in us."

"Good," Layla smilies as she looked at her loyal servants, "this matter is concerning my daughter Lucy. As you may know, I have announced that she will be arriving home for dinner. Although, I neglected to tell you why she will be arriving. I have important matters to discuss with her discussing Jude and the only way I can get here here is to force her," Layla continued as she walked over to the cupboards, "I need you two to provoke her."

"Provoke her? How might we do so ma'am?" Capricorn said a she raised one eyebrow in curiosity.

"As you may already know, I have quite a stubborn daughter. Someone who thinks on her own and likes to run away from her own daughter," Layla began to say, but suddenly realized that her words were becoming those of a ranting mother, "Eh-em, excuse me, as I was saying, I would like you two to target someone for me."

"May we ask the level of this target?" Capricorn asked.

"Well, as I know that the both of you are well-trained, fear that you may not yet have the skills nor strength necessary to take down this opponent," Layla said as she looked down for a mere second, making sure that she was fully prepared to are with her next decision, "I want you to attack the headquarters of Natsu Dragneel, and make sure our dear Lucy sees you."

Immediately, Virgo and Capricorn's eyes practically flew out of their sockets at the mention of their task. They couldn't believe that the Lad would suggest something so dangerous, no wonder she asked for the both of them for this task.

"Ma'am, excuse me, but have you thought this through? Natsu Dragneel is a man f power. No one has ever seen what he's capable of and no one tries to see that side of him. Natsu Dragneel is practically known as the prince of the underworld. Keep in mine his father is your-" Virgo began to ramble on with the reasons on why the plan to launch an attack on Natsu's headquarters would not be wise, she was suddenly stopped by the stare she received from the Lady.

"Do you believe I haven't thought this through," Layla said with a sign, "do you think that I don't have as much power and influence as that boy," she said walking towards her servants, "I can do things that he would only dream of. Do you understand?" Layla asked merely centimeters from Virgo's face. As soon as Virgo nodded her head in agreement, Layla started to back away and walk to her desk, "As I was saying, he may be dangerous, however, his minions are people that I am sure to be weaker than you."

"Might we ask why you send us on this mission," Capricorn asked, nervously shaking his fingers behind his back, they have never asked so much questions on a mission given to them before. The Lady May get irritated with them.

Layla signed and rubbed the temples of her forehead as she sat down at her desk. Chills then ran up the spine of Capricorn, was he right?

"Lucy is close to that pink-headed brat. Levy has disclosed all of the information on what's happening between those two. I cannot allow them to be together," Layla said as she spun her chair around to face the window, "I intent for my daughter to take over for me, no one else."