Chapter 7: Welcome Happy

Lucy drove Natsu's bike all the way back into the city and straight to her best friend Levy's house. The drive back was slower because Lucy took her time getting back. She didn't want anymore run ins with the police. She didn't know what she would have done of Natsu wasn't sitting right where he was. She would have probably knock those cops out and then be on top of the police department hit list the next day.

Lucy sighed as she stopped the bike in from of garage and parked it there. She walked over and lifted up the door and walked over to the side to turn on the light. As soon as the lights were turned on, Lucy turned around and saw a small blue-headed girl running towards her with a plastic baseball bat in her hand ready to cause some damage.

"Ahhh!" Levy screamed as she threw the bat at Lucy. Lucy quickly caught the bat and stopped her best friend from running towards her by placing her right hand on her forehead and pushed slightly. She didn't want to hurt her too much.

"Levy stop it's me. Why are you doing in the garage anyway. You never come down to the garage," Lucy said snapping Levy back to her normal self.

"Lu-Chan!" Levy cries as he ran and hugged Lucy as tight as she can, "I thought something bad had happened to you." Levy said as she looked at Lucy and started to cry like a baby and quickly rubbing the tears away, "You weren't answering your cell." Levy said a couple of drops of snot cake out of your nose.

"Alright Alright," Lucy said as she slightly pushed Levy away from her. She looked down at her favorite crop top and gasped as she saw that it had green gooey snot on it, "And your washing this shirt."

"What? Why you're the one that disappeared on me and I haven't seen you in almost a week. And now you expect me to wash your clothes. You ungrateful friend," Levy said with her attitude completely made an opposite turn.

'Here comes the famous Levy McGarden mood swings. I swear one day I'll throw her off a cliff," Lucy thought as she sighed at the treatment her best friend was giving her.

"But it's my favorite crop Lev. You know that," Lucy said as she got down on her knees and wrapped her arms around Levy. She started blushing and looking around to see if anyone were watching them.

"Lu-Chan, get up now. You're embarrassing me," Levy said as she struggled to push her blonde best friend off her, "Gosh darnit, how strong can you be." Levy said as she gave one strong tug and then she accidentally made herself fall.

Lucy gave her the famous puppy dog eyes and Levy had to cave. I mean what would do without each other.

"Come on let's go inside. I'm so hungry," Lucy said as she stood up and dusted some of the dirt off her pants. She had forgotten that she brought another person bike there with a very noticeable red fire design decorated in the side. Just as Levy was about to turn around and waking inside with Lucy, she noticed that Lucy had brought another bike back.

"Um Lu-chan, did you change your bike or something?" Levy asked as she stopped and looked straight at the bike, "hm have I seen this bike before?" Levy mumbled to herself. But it was loud enough for Lucy to hear clearly, so she didn't to distract Levy.

"Look Lev, you got a new cat. I see him there in the window," Lucy said as she quickly turned Levy around and pointed at the blue cat scratching at the window, "and why is he blue?" She asked in confusion. Levy then ignored the bike and started talking about her new cat. They were already inside the shared bedroom with Lucy taking off her heels in relief and Levy kicking off her sandals as she jumped on her bed.

"And the damn cat keeps throwing down the hot sauce and all the other spices and ingredients that I had stocked on my shelves. To think on small kitten could cause me all this trouble in just a day. I'm thinking about taking him back to the adoption center. I don't think I have enough energy to do this," Levy said as she put a pillow on her face and let out a loud groan.

Lucy sat back in her black and pink striped bean bag chair to relax when a blue cat jumped in her lap and started cuddling with her, "Oh come on, he doesn't seem that bad," Lucy said as she started to lightly started to pet the small kitten, "And why is his fur blue? Did you get mad and start dying things again. Cause Lev you have to stop your weirdness before I get it."

Levy immediately sat up from her bed and was ready to argue but then she stopped as soon as she saw now comfortable the kitten looked in Lucy's lap. She glared at Lucy with jealousy, she wanted to cuddle with a cat.

"I wanna cuddle with him too," Levy said as she started pouting. Lucy was about to get up to hand the cat over to Levy when she shouted, "oh no no no no you stay there and keep that little devil for yourself. I'll just get another cuddle buddy. I got him like that. The lady said that blue was his original color so I assumed he was special,"

"Did you name him yet," Lucy asked as she traced her finger along the cat's back.

"Yeah the Devil, muhahaha," Levy said sarcastically as she threw her hands up in the air and let it fall straight down.

"Hmm," Lucy said as she laid back in the air and held the small blue kitten up in the air. She turned it from left to right and then started to stare at his face. She smiled as she knew what she would name him, "Let's name him happy."

"Do whatever you want Lu-Chan. He's your responsibility now," Levy said as she laid back down in her bed and stared at the ceiling, "why Happy though?" Levy asked as she spun herself around and was now laying on her stomach with her feet swing back and forth up in the air.

"I don't know. He just make me feel Happy," Lucy said as she gave Happy one last hug before putting him down and letting her roam around the house.

"So what ya been up too? You didn't go back to see her again?" Levy asked with a frown on her face.

"No I just thought that it would be better if she forgot about me...and him. Let her have the childhood that I never had. It's just better this way," Lucy said remembering the times they spent together when the were younger, "And for him...I just..jus-" Lucy had begun to say but was cut off by Levy when she jumped off her bed and ran to hug Levy.

"I'm sorry Lu-chan, I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry," Levy said as she rubbed her hand on Lucy's shoulders and back in hopes of comforting her. Lucy then giggled and took Levy's hand off her back.

"It's okay Lev. I just needed to let go for a moment. I'm just glad I have you around. I really don't know what I would do without you," Lucy said as she gave Levy s genuine smile. She was truly happy to have at one least person she could talk to in this world. Without Levy she might have ended up like him.

"Enough with all this sappy stuff. For real, what have you been up to?" Levy asked as she moved herself to her light-blue carpeted floor.

"Well," Lucy said as she quickly took her sleeve and wiped any tears that were threatening to escape, "I joined a school. Magnolia High."

Levy looked at her in shock. If she had wanted to actually go to school and finish her last year. Why didn't she choose to go to her school? Why didn't she tell her his earlier. And Magnolia High? The worst school in like forever. What did she hope to achieve? All these questions started to go through the blue-headed girl when Lucy told her the news. She was truly in shock.

"Wha-at? Magnolia High? Why?" Levy asked as those were the only words that she can muster up offer she heard the news.

"Not only that, I may or may not have made out with Fairy Tail's boss once or twice..." Lucy said twirling her hair with her finger and looked at Levy with an innocent look. Levy's mouth literally fell to the floor.

'What the hell did you get yourself into this time Lu-Chan,' Levy thought