Chapter 33: Preparations

Lucy's apartment was a complete mess. As soon as she had come home from school, and received a text from an anonymous number telling her to come to Sakura, a very fancy and expensive restaurant, at approximately 8:00 and to wear something nice, preferably in red.

Lucy already knew who the text was from, but she just couldn't figure out how the hell the salmon-headed boy got his grubby hands on her cellphone number. She was going to figure out the details of that later, right now she had to find some elegant to wear. The problem was that she neither had something red nor something elegant.

"Ughhhh why the hell is this so damn hard!" Lucy screamed as she pulled her hair and dropped herself onto the pile of clothes sitting on the bed. Just as she was about to give up on everything and just do her homework and sleep for the rest of the day, a loud knock was heard of the door. The sound echoed throughout he entire apartment making it impossible for Lucy to not hear.

'Who the fu.." Lucy began to say but the knock was heard a second time, louder, causing the door to tremble a little. Immediately, Lucy tiptoed over to her closet to open it. She bent down and pried open a loose floor board, revealing a shiny, jet-black glock 19. She quickly took it out of the box hidden beneath the floor board and crawled over underneath her bed to retrieve her bullets.

As she slowly tiptoed her way towards the door, trying her best to not make a single sound to alert the person on the other side of her door, she took the bulletproof vest that she has at home, in case of emergencies, and quickly put it on.

Once she reached the door, a third knock was heard. It was not as loud as the second, but it was louder than the first. It probably meant that the person was going to leave soon if she didn't answer the door. That would be absolutely fantastic, but the problem was that she didn't know if they would come back. Lucy peeped out the peephole of her door and just saw red hair. It appeared as though the person had turned around in frustration and was trying to compose themselves.

"Who the hell did Mother send this time?" Lucy whispered to herself as she took the safety off of the gun and pulled it up right next to her ear. She as prepared to defend herself if that person outside had the guts to attack.

___________________

"What do you guys think?" Natsu asked his group do underlings as he stepped out in front of them in a black suit with a black bow tie. He looked as if he was either going to an important meeting or he was attending someone's wedding. Either way. He was dressed to impress.

"Boss is this the reason you called us over for?" Gray asked as he crossed his legs and picked the wax in his ear with irritation. Natsu had called all of his best "work buddies" to his home. Saying that it was an important meeting. A meeting in which if they weren't able to attend he would have their head. So, there sitting on the chairs and floor were Gray, Erza, Elfman, Gajeel, Max (for some reason), Freed, Bixlow, and Wendy, who happened too curious and walked in on Natsu's fashion show.

"Yeah? And why does Max have to be here. I thought this meeting was for those who has extreme talent," Elfman said as he pointed his index finger on Max's cheek. The brown-headed man slapped his finger away in anger.

"Hey!" He shouted, "who says that I don't have enough talent as the rest of you?" After he was done talking, everyone in the group, except Elfman, turned their faces away from him. Each one fascinated by some random object in the room. Getting desperate, he turned to Wendy in hopes that she would somehow lift his spirits, "Wendy? I'm really strong right?"

"Ohh look how white that wall is, I wonder what shade the color is," Wendy said as she slowly crawled away from Max and stared to stroke the wall, hoping that Max would move away from her, sparing her the guilt of hurting his feelings.