Chapter 17: Betrayal

"I swear if those idiots are stupid enough to let someone with bright yellow hair like that slip by them, then I need a whole new crew," Natsu said furiously as he stomped his way towards the main hall, with his ears bright red with anger and steam coming out from both sides. He couldn't believe she managed to escape right in front of his face.

As soon as Natsu turned the corner, he saw the mess that was happening and immediately demanded to know what was going on. It was quite confusing to be honest, first of all there were two people that looked the same, maybe twins, and Freed and Erza were currently beating someone to the pulp.

He then looked up and saw his previous prisoner just casually walking on the logs of their roof, as if she didn't give a single fuck in the world. He then looked down and started to pinch between his eyebrows, he was very angry. How would a group of elite killers and professionals be so clueless to someone walking right above their heads?

"What is going on her?!" Natsu said in a loud and demanding voice. He was tired off watching his subordinates fail him and it brought shame on him. He was sure that Lucy was up there laughing her ass off at him and his group of "misfits". 

At the sound of their Boss's loud and demanding voice, everything that was as going on in the main hall came to a complete stop. Erza stopped kicking and man's arms and legs, and Freed stopped slapping the man on both of his cheeks. While some of the other members put down heir bottles and stopped cheering for Freed and Erza to beat the man up even more. Lucy, on he other hand, took the silence as a sign to haul ass towards the front door. The chaos had stopped below her, and everyone might notice her trying to sneak out.

"You there, Lucy, I wouldn't run if I were you," Natsu was as looked down with a smirk and pointed his finger at the spot that Lucy was running to.

As soon as Natsu pointed at her, all the members of Fairy Tail moved their attention to what Natsu was talking about. Lucy immediately stopped and looked down, all she saw were about a hundred pair of eyes all focused on her. So, she decided to throw them off by  showing off two middle fingers and jumping off the log. As soon as she jumped, she caught a piece of wood at the borderline of the front door and pushed herself out.

Before anyone could even give their reaction on what had just occurred Lucy yelled at them as she ran away, "See ya later fuckers,"

Gray looked over at Natsu, waiting for the order to go after Lucy.

"You know what to do," Natsu said to Gray as he looked over at the twin madness.

"Yes Boss," Gray immediately replied as he sped off behind the blond woman.

"Elfman take Wendy home. I have a plan for our twin intruders," The Boss said as he cracked his knuckles and let out a short, but intimidating sadistic laugh. Everyone in the base backed up as soon as they heard their Boss let out his signature evil laugh, the one that he only uses when he interrogated someone.

"Oh shit did I just hear that laugh coming form Boss," someone whispered in the background.

"Damn, the interrogation room is gonna be a blood bath," someone else whispered as their eyebrows went up, fascinated yet terrified at the thought of the interrogation room covered in blood.

"Well shit, now I have to stay extra fucking late to clean the interrogation room," a man with a beard and a feather stuck to the band around his head said.

"Shut the fuck up Nab. Unless you want to be next," Max said as he punched the big guy in the back of his head.

Natsu looked back at all the irritating whispering going on behind his back. He gave one single glare and immediately everyone was tense.

"I told your ass to shut up," Max whispered as quietly as possible, but he would tell that he was not loud enough, due to the fact that his angry Boss was staring straight at him.

"Welp nice knowing you," Nab said as he try to hold back a laugh.

"You two shut your mouths and pay attention," Erza said as she left the beaten man on the floor and walked over to Nab and Max. As soon as she was in between them, she took her hands and smashed their head together.

Natsu turned back around, ignoring the ignorant scene that was just displayed by two of his members.

"Now what business do you have with my little sister you scum," Natsu said as he walked up to the twin that was standing by the door.

________________

'Almost there. I could practically see that blond bitch head,' Gray thought as he got closer and closer to Lucy.

Lucy stopped walking, a little out of breath, she decided to take a shortcut back to Levy's place. She hoped her best friend had made it back to her home safely, and she knew that Levy would want to move. If she made it back in time, she could convince Levy not to move too far away. She didn't want her only friend in the world leave her, just like the others.

"Are you stupid or something? Who the fuck decides to go in a fucking dark ally when a pro is chasing them?" Gray said as he ran and jumped in front of her. He showed a confident smirk as if him just standing there already indicated that she had lost. He left pulled out a small knife and pointed it straight at her.

"I wouldn't get closer if I were you," Lucy said as she showed a smirk herself.

"What ya scared bimbo?" Gray said as he got closer to the blond woman.

"Oh I'm not scared. You're the one that has to watch his back," Lucy said as she let out a light laugh. As soon as Gray was going to attack, someone up behind him and hit him in the head with a glass bottle. He blacked out on impact.

Lucy laughed as she watch the unconscious black-headed man on the floor. She looked up at the person at caused the damaged and smirked.

"There I did something for you. Now I'm done following your orders," The person said as they looked down at floor, ashamed at what they had done.

"Oh this is just the beginning. You know the information I have is worth your Boss's attention. What would he do to you?" Lucy said as she watched the person curl their fist into a tighter ball, "Especially that Merdey"

As soon as the person heard that name, they lunged towards Lucy with all their weight with an intention to kill. Before they could get their hands on her, she grabbed them by the face and spun them around. Lucy held their face firmly and faced it towards the man laying on the ground.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. What would he say when he finds out that his beloved comrade betrayed him and his Boss's order. You will surly get killed," Lucy said as she let go of the person and throws them on the ground, "And you know the rules on trying to attack me,"

"I-I'm sorry. I won't do it a-again," The person stuttered as they looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you. What did you say?" Lucy said with a smirk as she leaned in closer, "And I need you to look straight in my eyes and say it again."

"I said I'm sorry and I won't do it again," The person said as they stared straight into Lucy's eyes.

"That's more like it," Lucy said as ran her finger through the person's soft long locks. She then got up and started to walk towards the end of the ally.

"Thanks for your help Juvia," Lucy said as she put her hands in her pocket.

The blue-headed woman looked down again, ashamed at herself for hurting the man she loved. She went down and slowly picked up her beloved.

"I'm sorry Gray-sama," she whispered to him as she started to slowly walk towards the base with him leaning in his shoulders.