Chapter 31: Zeref's Appearance

"End my timeline huh? You've got guts to even speak those words to me. That means I won't have to go easy on you," Natsu said as he plastered a wide grin on his face as he cracked both of his knuckles.

"Yes. I'm sorry that life can be so cruel," Aria said as he stood his ground in a fighting stance. As soon as Natsu got his feet off of the ground and started charging towards the man that was probably three times his size, a loud shot was heard, making Natsu to suddenly stop in his tracks and turn around to where he believed the shot came from. There standing at the door was a man with a very familiar face, too familiar for the salmon-headed man.

"Zeref? What the hell are you doing here? I told father to not help me out with anything. Go away," Natsu said as he turned around to see Aria clutching his wounded arm, it appears that Zeref only managed to cause damage to his right arm, an arm that most would consider to be valuable.

"Who the hell said I came to help you?" Zeref said as he chewed on a piece of toothpick between his lips, he lightly blowed the tip of the gun and started scratching the back of his head, "I had business with this bastard first, so move you ass along and let me handle this."

"What? You have no right to.." Natsu said but he soon became quiet as he suddenly felt Zeref's breath behind his neck. He would never be amazed at how much skill his brother truly possessed, it was not time for him to challenge him now. He had to let it go. Just this time.

"Now you wouldn't want to upset your dear older brother, would you?" Zeref asked as he slid the gun on the side of Natsu's face.

"Fine," Natsu said as he pulled himself away from the raven-headed man, "just give him a Well-deserving punishment. He's working with the man that caused Wendy to go to the hospital."

Zeref looked back at Natsu's serious expression and let out a sign, "Ah just run along to the hospital and to your little blonde bombshell. Let me do my business," He said as he waved his gun towards Natsu, telling him to just run along and leave him alone.

"Does Father really know you're back? Did he really accept your terms?" Natsu asked.

"You damn we'll know he didn't. Just leave. We'll talk later," Zeref said as he moved the hair that was covering his face and pinned it back with some hair clips that he stashed inside of his pockets. Guess both brothers of the Dragneel family possessed a feminine side.

Natsu nodded quickly at his brother and then dashed out of the room, rushing towards the hospital, eager to see if his sister was going to make it. As he ran through the front door, he came to a complete stop. He saw his bike, well more like Lucy's bike, still on the curb. He quickly hopped on and started driving in the direction of the hospital.

'Wonder what sucker she beat up to get there?' Natsu thought with a chuckle, he quickly sped up his pace as he saw the light turned yellow.

____________________

"Hey Wendy, are you feeling okay?" Lucy asked as she saw Wendy slowly becoming conscious. She grabbed a chair and dragged it closer to the bed to sit.

"Yeah, I'm okay. You didn't have to take me to the hospital ya know," Wendy said as she giggled. She slowly started to sit up, but was stopped by Lucy leaning over to push her back down to her bed.

"Hey, take it easy kid. You were out of it for a while. Just lay there until the doctor comes. Okay?" Lucy said as she placed the cover back into Wendy and started to tuck in the sides.

"Yeah. You're probably right," Wendy said as she laid her head back onto the soft, fluffy pillow. She stared up at the wall for a moment and looked over to Lucy to see what she was doing. Lucy had her phone out and it appeared that she was tapping furiously on the screen, "Is everything alright Lucy?"