Chapter 18: Wendy and Levy

"So you're telling me that you just found me on the floor?" Gray said as he sat up from the bed in the base's infirmary room. The glass bottle that Juvia choose to hit on his head sent little shards or sharp glass to pierce his neck and head. He had bandages around his head and neck, with blood starting to form in various spots.

"Yes Gray," Juvia said as she turned away from him and pretended to fix the flowers that were sitting by the window. She bought those flowers, she had hoped that it would have eased her mind, but it did the opposite. The blue tulips that she had bought only reminded her that she had betrayed one of her most closest comrade.

"How did you find me?" Gray said as his eyes started to grow suspicious of Juvia's actions. She would almost never turn away from him to fix flowers of all things. Juvia has something to hide, and he had to get it out of her.

"Well you know me Gray, I just wanted to make sure you were safe and sound. That's all," Juvia said nervously, she had accidentally crushed one of the petals of the flowers.

"Juvia, What are you hid-," Gray couldn't finish his question because Erza had walked right into the room and interrupted the tense mood in the room.

"I heard you were in here Gray. I came to see if you're all right," Erza announces as she walked further into the room. Juvia took Erza's entrance as a chance to leave the room and get away from Gray. She couldn't stand to be around him much longer, seeing him hurt only made her more guilty of what she had done.

"Well Erza, I'll take my leave now," Juvia said as she took the crushed petal in her hand and put it in her pocket. Just as she was about to get through the door, Gray stopped her.

"Juvia I need to talk to you," He said in a serious tone, he needed to find out what Juvia has done or what she was keeping from him.

"Sorry Gray-sama, but I have to go. I'm feeling quite peckish," she said as she rushed out of the door, afraid that Gray would call out to her one more time.

"But-" Gray started to said, but Erza interrupted again.

"Come on Gray, let the girl eat. She must have been worried sick for you waiting for you all day," Erza said as she went to smack Gray on the back, but accidentally hit him straight in the neck.

"Ahhh What the hell is wrong with you Erza," Gray yelled as his hands immediately went to his neck.

"Oh," Erza said as she looked at her hand, "Sorry Gray it won't happen again," she continued in a serious tone as she brought Gray into a tight hug towards his chest.

"Ow!" Gray yelled again as he pulled away Erza, "why is your tits so damn hard," he said as he began to rub a bump that started to form on his head.

"It's my metal bulletproof vest. Safe, secure, and I am proud to say that I made it myself. Erza said as she banged a hand on her chest, out came out a loud metal noise that could have possibly made Gray's ears bleed.

"More like a danger to the world," Gray muttered under his breath.

"Well let's get that neck hair of you. You won't properly heal of your wounds are clogged," Erza said as she pulled out a huge, sharp scissors from between her breasts.

"Where the hell were hiding that from?" Gray yelled as he backed up in his bed and fell off. He tried crawling out the door but was stopped my Erza jumping on his back. He saw two of his fellow comrades casually chatting through the halls and he decided to yell for their help.

Nab and Max looked at Gray and then saw the beast that was sitting on top of him. They then looked at each other an laughed.

"That idiot thinks that we're actually gonna face that beast and help him," Nab said said he started to walk away from the scene.

"Yeah, that bottle must have hit his head too hard," Max said as he went walking behind Nab and wiping a tear away from his eye.

"You fuckers! I'll get you for this," Gray angrily yelled, his temper changed as he felt Erza getting closer with the scissors, "Wait! No don't go! Help meeee!"

______________

Elfman and Wendy were quietly in the car, both failing to find a topic to talk about.

"Sooo," Wendy began to say as she looked over to see Elfman's face from the back seat, "How's life?"

"Life is great. It's manly for me," Elfman said as he shrugged his shoulders and stopped at a red light.

"Ooook then," Wendy said as she laid back into the seat. She and Elfman had never really gotten along, she doesn't know if she's annoyed by everything that comes out of his mouth, which is always something about a real man, or if she's just a little scared of how much muscle he has.

"So, how's school?" Elfman asked as he tried to make a conversation, they had a little over fifteen minutes before reaching her home.

"School is fine. I still haven't made much friends though," Wendy said as she began to look down and play with her fingers.

"Well why is that?" Elfman asked as he started to drive on the green light.

"Everyone is afraid of me because of my big brother. They think that if they make me upset then Big Brother will kill them. I sometimes hate that he went into his business," Wendy said as she plopped her head on her hand and gazed out at the scenery that they were driving by.

"Well ya know Wendy, Boss got into this business so that he could protect you," Elfman said as he stopped at another light. There were numerous cars in front of him and he knew that this traffic jam was going to last for a while.

"Really, how?" Wendy asked, interested in the explanation that Elfman would soon provide for her.

"Well your parents have earned quite a reputation. There are a lot of bad people that are out to get the Dragneel name. You are always in danger, so Boss decided to make a face for your family. He decided that no one would come after you or your family if they feared you," Elfman said as he blew the horn of his car as loud as he can to get the cars in front of him to move.

"Really? So Big Brother doesn't hate mother and father?" Wendy asked.

"No, not really. You didn't hear it from me," Elfman said as he looked at her through the mirror and put his finger to his lips.

Wendy and Elfman were both happy with the conversation they just had. Wendy, knowing that her brother didn't actually hate his family, he was secretly protective of them, and Elfman, glad that he finally had some one-on-one time with Wendy.

Just as they were about to move, someone opened the door of the back seat and hopped in.

"Oh my gosh Jet, thanks for picking me up. I don't know where the hell Lucy is," Levy said as she sat pretty close to Wendy, but her eyes were focused out the window, trying to find out where her best friend might be.

"Uhhh who are you?" Wendy said as she backed up a bit from Levy. Elfman immediately turned around and pointed a gun straight at Levy's head.