Chapter 15: The Escape

"Ah I got it," Levy said as the final screw fell from the vent. She then raised up, balanced herself on her knees, and wiped some sweat that formed on her forehead.

"Hey Lev, did you figure it out?" Lucy said as she walked up to Levy and stooped down to her  eye level.

"Yeah, and Lucy..um I don't think this is the right time to tell to this, but I'm kinda freaking out here. I just literally just in a room with a Mafia Boss, Lucy, a fucking Mafia Boss. I could have died or get seriously hurt," Levy said as she finally started to breakdown, it had just occurred to her that not even an hour ago she was in a near death situation. She in a room with a man that had possibly killed hundreds with his own two bare hands.

"It's okay Lev" Lucy said drawing closer to her. She wrapped her arms around her and put her head on her shoulders in hopes of providing her with some sort of comfort, something she doesn't easily show.

The small, blue-headed gotl then began to cry on her shoulders, sobbing as if an enormous dam had broken inside of her. She squeezed Lucy as if her life depended on it, not showing any signs that she was going to let go.

"I was so scared Lucy," she said as she tighten her grip a bit.

"Lev it's alright, It's alright, you're safe with me now okay," Lucy said as she gently lifted Levy's head from her shoulder and turned her face to watch her straight in the eyes, "Look, I am here to keep you safe okay, so get your butt into that vent or we might die sooner than you think."

What Lucy said was harsh, but it was something that had to be said. It snapped Levy out of her sobbing tantrum and back into the girl that wanted to escape this small, stuffy room. Levy quickly wiped away her tears and nodded her head in agreement with Lucy.

"Yeah, you're right. I can't think about it now. So what do we do now?" Levy asked as she got up and brushed her knees from any dust that might have found their way there.

"What do you mean? We climb and hope that it leads out of here," Lucy said as she then proceeded to do the same actions as Levy.

"Who's going first?" Levy asked as she turned to stare at the open vent.

"Well you of course, you could fit through there easily. I'll be right behind you, okay," Lucy said as she she gestured we hands towards the square, dark vent that was attached to the lower end of the wall, "Lead the way Ms. McGarden."

Levy smiles and then got in her knees, she crawled through the vent and suddenly small cracks could be heard from the sides of the vent, it got slightly louder and louder as Levy went further in. She turned around in fright, but then she was comforted by Lucy's face that was poking through tat the end that she came through. She then turned around and let out a light sigh, she started to move more slowly in the vent to prevent herself from making anymore noise that would attract attention.

"Wait Levy," Lucy called out, she was careful not to yell, in hopes of not alerting anyone of their schemes.

"What?" She whispered back.

"What does it smell like?" Lucy asked. Levy turned around and looked at her with confusion, why would she ask such a weird question in such a situation.

"Um Lu, I'm trying to live here," Levy said as she dismissed Lucy's weird question. She then turned back around, getting herself ready to craw once more.

"Levy," Lucy said a bit louder. Levy stopped immediately in her tracks and turned around again. She saw that Lucy was serious about her answering this question, so she decided to take a quick whiff of the air. As soon as that scent found it's way up her nostrils, Levy sent her hand straight to her nose to cover it.

"Ew it smells like fish," Levy whispered back at Lucy, "Now can I please go now?" Lucy nodded her head yes and Levy continued her journey out of the building.

Lucy then waited for Levy to crawl far enough before locking the vent and screwing the screws back in to secure it. She knew that this vent would lead to the outside. She had "borrowed" some fish from a nearby stand and ran away, before she got into the building, Lucy put one fish at the vents on the outside walls to make sure that Levy could make sure that she finds a way out.

On the other hand, she had a different route towards the outside of the building: The Front Door.

______________

"Ok I'm done Mira. I'm going to go home now. Big brother is still in his office," Wendy said as she began to pack up her books and binders into her backpack.

"Ok Wendy, I'll get someone to drive you home. Wait here," Mira said as she stood up from behind the bar counter and started walking towards Laxus' table, she turned around and gave Wendy a very stern look, "and I really mean it this time," Mira said as waved her finger at her. Wendy gave a quick and fast nod, telling her that she certainly understood the risks she would take if she decided not to do what Mira said.

Wendy began to hum and swing her legs back and forth in boredom. She tried to whistle, but only air was coming out, then she gave up and plopped her head on the table, waiting for Mira to come back to her.

She raised her head and her eyes brightened as she saw Mira coming back. Freed, a friend of Laxus (some day he had a crush on him, was a man that thought that dying his hair green was a good idea. Despite that, Wendy loved hanging out with freed, they both loved reading magic novels, and enchantments. They would spend hours in the library playing Dungens and Dragons, even though it was a considerably old game.

"Freed!" Wendy yelled as she jumped off the bar stool and ran towards the green-headed man. As soon as she was an arm's distance away from him, she pulled him into a tight hug.

"Wendy if you keep on squeezing me I might pass out," Freed as he let out a sigh as Wendy quickly pulled away from him.

"Oh I'm sorry," Wendy said as she started to get embarrassed. Freed looked down at her and gave her a smile.

"Oh I'm just playing with you. Don't take it so serious," Freed said as he laughed and pat Wendy on the head.

"Is Freed driving me home? Is he? Is he? Is he?" Wendy asked Mira as she began to quickly bounce up and down, unable to contain her excitement.

"Yes he is Wendy, now go get your bag," Mira said as she let out a light laugh, oh what a time it is to be her age, anything could excite you. Wendy gave her a short and quick nod before blasting off to find her backpack.

"She really likes you Freed. I'm just curious, but why is that?" Mira asked him.

"Well, I believe it has to do with the fact that we share the same interest and I spend time with her," Freed said as he started to rub his chin, thinking what else can be the reason that Wendy is so fond of him.

"Take good care of her, and don't forget the description I told you," Mira said as her face became serious and started to wave her finger at Freed. Freed gave her a reassuring nod, afraid of her. No one dares to disagree with Mira when she pull out the finger.

"Ok I'm back, come on Freed let's go," Wendy said quickly as she grabbed his hand and started to run to the car.

When all of a sudden she stopped completely in her tracks.

"Wendy? What's the matter?" Both Mira and Freed asked her, both confused at the girl's actions. She then lifted her finger and pointed it towards the door.

"That's the man that was outside of my school," Wendy said as she pointed at the man that just entered through the door.