So suddenly?

"Hmm. A-alright," Joy tried acting cool but failed miserably, "Do you want to talk to Areum?" She asked, changing the topic but unintentionally using her daughter as the shield.

"I'd love to, thanks," Sungjae answered.

Joy put the call on loud speaker first before handing the phone to Areum. It's not because Joy doesn't trust Sungjae, it's just she found their conversation really entertaining.

Like that one time, when Sungjae visited the coffee shop and Areum was there coloring a cat using purple color and then Sungjae had to point out that purple cats do not exist. Areum kept on asking questions until Sungjae had to give up edit a photo of a purple colored cat (which is by the way, a really terrible edit).

"Who is it?" Areum asked, a little curious but she looks more uninterested.

"Policeman-ahjussi," Joy replied and it's kind of scary how Areum's expression changed faster the lightning.

"Policeman-ahjussiiii~~!!" Areum screamed to the phone infront of her as if Sungjae is there.

"Hey baby," Sungjae's voice lighten hundreds of level more, "How have you been?"

"Great! Eomma and I will be coming to Seoul today!" Areum informed as if Joy didn't tell that earlier.

"Oh really?" Sungjae pretended not to know just to give Areum the reaction the baby wanted and sure enough Areum is nodding excitedly as if Sungjae can see her.

Joy laughed at how Areum looked. She's always enthusiastic and energetic whenever her and Sungjae talk. Be it personally or through phone, Areum seems to have more energy than usual. Maybe because Sungjae can play with her? Joy is kind of busy with baking sometimes.

"Yup! Do you want a souvenir? I can ask Eomma to buy you one," Areum asked innocently and both Joy and Sungjae bursted out laughing while Areum looked more confused than usual.

"Oh baby," Sungjae coos from the other line, "Sure, I would love that," He answered and Areum smiled widely.

"Okay!" The sweet girl replied.

"Take care alright?" Sungjae reminds again and Joy only made a face.

"Hmm," Areum hummed in response.

"Take care of your Eomma for me?" Sungjae asked again, unaware that the phone is on speaker.

Joy stilled on her seat, the erratic beating of her heart that once subsided came back again for the second time today.

"I will!!" Areum replie full-spirited and Joy can hear Sungjae's fond laugh from the other line.

"That's my girl," he responded and Areum have this proud smile on her face, looking at her Eomma's heated face, the grin on the small girl's face tells Joy that she recieved a compliment.

"I'll give the phone back to Eomma now," Areum said.

"Bye baby,"

"Bye,"

Joy's shaking hand took the phone, turned off the speaker, calms herself down before talking again. "We'll go now. Bye,"

"Bye Mama Soo," Sungjae teased.

"Shut up," Joy hissed before putting an end to the call.